Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

TGV from Aeroport Roissy CDG

Old Sep 19, 15, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I heard that there is a TGV train operating between CDG station and Gare de Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy (from where I intend to take an Ouigo).

Can anyone confirm whether such a train does operate, how long it takes for the journey and approx. how much is a single or return fare?

I tried looking on voyages-sncf.fr and also on captaintrain.com but found nothing
Old Sep 19, 15, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Closer, but not there yet!

I found this, which seems to be ideal (in terms of travel schedule and trip length), but I just cannot get it to make a booking or show prices for the TGV
Old Sep 19, 15, 2:14 pm

This is not bookable on the internet anymore...

Because of people like you who are "taking advantage" of the Ouigo trains, SNCF has blocked online reservation for the route

Apparently you can still get tickets directly at the station, so be prepared to stand in line...

Here's a link to relevant content (in French only):
http://questions.sncf.com/questions/...ux-acheter-net
Old Sep 19, 15, 2:27 pm

Another option: take the bus

Maybe the "Magical Shuttle" is an option for you as well:
http://magicalshuttle.co.uk/

The "Chessy Gare Routière (Disney)" stop is right in front of the station building.

First departure from CDG is at 9am, so maybe too late for you already. Cost is EUR 20, no problem booking this in advance obviously.
Old Sep 20, 15, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Merci, Andre for suggesting the bus; unfortunately that will take too long. I did however find yet another source - Belgian Railways - but that does not help me, since it requires me to collect the ticket from a Belgian or Dutch rail station. Unfortunately, i am already on my way to France now.
Old Sep 20, 15, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
You can try to buy a ticket to Massy TGV and just get out at Marne-la-Vallee.
Old Sep 20, 15, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by MarLim View Post
You can try to buy a ticket to Massy TGV and just get out at Marne-la-Vallee.
That might be good. Massy would not cost much more than Marne. I took the TGV Massy to Roissy recently and it was relatively cheap and quick. No lines for the ticket machine.
Old Sep 21, 15, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Mon Dieu!

Bought my CDG-Marne-la-Vallee ticket at the CDG ticket counter for €18.50 (same as the online price on the SNCB site) - but what an experience the 10-minute journey turned out to be!

On the platform I noticed a lot of people with LOTS of luggage - don't mean to be racist here, but the size and quantity of the luggage made it appear as if it was a flight to Manila. Except that that the owners of the luggage seemed to be African and not Filipino. When the train pulled in, there was complete pandemonium with everyone trying to get themselves and their bags in. The space near the stairs / doors was completely jammed with luggage and people were trying to get to their seats with heavy luggage lifted up near their heads. One guy almost dropped a suitcase on passengers!

I was thinking to myself that if only a Japanese person used to their orderly Shinkansen (that have briefer stops than the TGV appeared to have) and their luggage forwarding services could only see this...

PS. This was my first ride on a TGV

Search this Thread