Paris RER/Metro fares

Old Sep 6, 15, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Paris RER/Metro fares

Rather than buying a single ticket for each journey, or a weekly (or multi-day) pass, is it possible to buy a bunch of single tickets (say 10 or 20) and use them whenever I need to? If yes, what are these tickets called and how much do they cost (to cover zones 1-5)? Are there other tickets for zones 1-3, for instance?
Old Sep 6, 15, 2:12 pm

I imagine you're looking for a carnet
Old Sep 6, 15, 11:25 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There is a "ticket t+", valid for all metro journeys, and for RER journeys in zone 1 only - you can buy a carnet of these. RER journeys outside zone 1 are sold as point to point tickets for individual tickets - only the season tickets are zonal.
Old Sep 7, 15, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stut View Post
There is a "ticket t+", valid for all metro journeys, and for RER journeys in zone 1 only - you can buy a carnet of these. RER journeys outside zone 1 are sold as point to point tickets for individual tickets - only the season tickets are zonal.
Actually you can buy a carnet for other zones too. I often buy a carnet of CDG-Paris tickets which is highly advisable if you fly into CDG often. There are usually huge lines to buy tickets from the machines there but I never have to wait because I always have a bunch of tickets in my bag.
Old Sep 10, 15, 10:22 am

Programs: LCAH Gold
One "ticket t+" will cost you €1.80 and you can buy a "carnet" of 10 tickets for €14.10

If you're planning visits outside Paris, you can buy "Origine-Destination" tickets, depending on your journey. For example, from Gare de Lyon to Versailles - Rive Gauche - Château, one ticket will cost you €3.55

The price can be checked online at http://www.ratp.fr/tarifs/

"Paris-Visite" can also be an option, as it allows unlimited travels on selected zones as well as journeys from/to airports (€22 for round-trip between Roissy-CDG and Opéra)

Hope it helps !
Cheers,
Florian

Search this Thread