Search

Austria / Vienna -> Beware of Ticket control "officials"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Austria / Vienna -> Beware of Ticket control "officials"

1) Yes i know my English isnt the best but i try my best. ^

2) So some Years ago "the ÖBB" was divide in some Sub company to serve the Customer on an open Market. That mean in reality:
The owner of the Railway station are the "Infrastruktur AG" or "Immobilienmanagement GmbH".

The Company who Operate the Trains and where the Conductor work for is "Personenverkehr AG".

During that Process the Law also chance. The former Law say you need a Ticket when you enter the Station/ Platform. The current Law say:
Originally Posted by https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40148444/NOR40148444.html
Kurztitel
Eisenbahn-Beförderungs- und Fahrgastrechtegesetz
Kundmachungsorgan
BGBl. I Nr. 40/2013
§/Artikel/Anlage
§ 14
Inkrafttretensdatum
Text
Betreten der Bahnsteige
§ 14. Bahnsteige können grundsätzlich ohne Fahrausweis betreten werden, ausgenommen es sind klar erkennbare Bahnsteigsperren eingerichtet.
That mean in English (powert by Google...) "Platforms can basically enter without a ticket, except it are clearly recognizable wickets furnishings."

So in fact everyone can enter a Platform without a Ticket.

Sometimes the control "officials" try to check the Ticket outside of the Trains!
In fact thats is not illegal but if you enter the Platform from the other Entrance and make some Pictures of the Historical Trains you cant show them what you not need.

The can very rude and agressive!!!! Once the Push me an grap my belongings and force me to ground.
When the want to call the Police say YES, Please!

3) Show the Police that Quote:
https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/...R40148444.html
The Law called "Eisenbahn-Beförderungs- und Fahrgastrechtegesetz".
Its Article: § 14

If you leave the Train and the wait outside the Train (in the most case in the Tunnel under or near the Platfrom another Article is interesting to know:
https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/..._2_817753.html

Article § 13. (3):
Originally Posted by RIS
(3) Die Fahrgäste müssen
1.bis zum Ende der Fahrt mit einem Fahrausweis versehen sein und diesen bis zum Verlassen des Bahnsteigs einschließlich der Zu- und Abgänge aufbewahren,
Google Translate it with:
The passengers must be provided until the end of the trip with a ticket and keep this until leaving the platform, including the entrances and exits.

Many Railwaystation have some Shops, Stores, Fastfood Restaurants near the Entrance who are "Public".

So if someone try to touch you when you leave the Station wait until the Call the Police and force them to leave the Building.

Leaving a Station isnt a Crime! ^

(Please note that is only for the Trains NOT for Bus, Tram, Subway!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.