Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Swiss Transfer Ticket

Swiss Transfer Ticket

Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI
Swiss Transfer Ticket

Does anyone know where to find the detailed written rules on this? (I've looked on sbb.ch and also their more tourist 'swisstravelsystem.com' sites, but I can't find them)

Do they require proof of your travel dates (boarding passes, etc)? Or just that you are a visitor (residence document from outside switzerland)?

Basically, are you fine to use it a few days after you arrive - journey would still depart from an airport station?

(I assuming returning to the airport the night before flight is not a problem, it was more having a few days before you start using it).
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by David-A
Does anyone know where to find the detailed written rules on this?
Here : http://www.voev.ch/fr/Services/Downl...&download=2675

Do they require proof of your travel dates (boarding passes, etc)? Or just that you are a visitor (residence document from outside switzerland)?
Just that you are a visitor (but normally it will be only when buying the ticket, a check is unlikely to happen on-board).

Basically, are you fine to use it a few days after you arrive - journey would still depart from an airport station?
The STT is valid one month :
- either it's a printed one are the period of validity is fixed by the selling office, so check with them if necessary.
- or it's a manually-issued ticket and the 1st day of validity is when you present yourself at the validating office - namely the SBB ticket office of your airport).

Within the 30 days of validity, you're absolutely free to use the outbound and the return leg when you need to do so.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Nico40
Thanks.

And doubly thanks - as the same PDF had some T&C clarifications on some other bits I was looking for.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this post about the Swiss transfer ticket.

How strict are they about only using it to/from the airport/border stations?

I'm doing ZRH-Zermatt-ZRH so it's no problem. But I have friends that I think are stopping in Zurich overnight either before or after Zermatt.

Is there anything (other than their consciences) preventing them from boarding/alighting the train at the Zurich Hbf instead of the airport in one (or both directions)? I don't recall fare gates, and I can't imagine there's a validation stamp (which wouldn't work for mobile tickets?)

Other ticket options seem to be much more expensive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.