Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich to Milan by Train

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Zurich to Milan by Train

Recently purchased tickets on TrenItalia.com on the train from Zurich to Milan.

We were given a PNR, however, the site also indicated that we would need to use the PNR to print tickets at the station.

Given that Zurich is not in Italy; will there be a TrenItalia kiosk located there.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Last edited by apshah; May 29, 2013 at 10:52 am
Old May 29, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by apshah
Recently purchased tickets on TrenItalia.com on the train from Zurich to Milan.

We were given a PNR, however, the site also indicated that we would need to use the PNR to print tickets at the station.

Given that Zurich is not in Italy; will there be a TrenItalia kiosk located there.

Any insight will be appreciated.
I ran into this problem going from MIL-ZRH back in 2010 and was told that it was impossible for them to access an SBB reservation at MIL. I had to buy walk-up tickets to Lugano where I was able to print my tickets. This of course is YMMV since it was almost 3yrs ago.
Cheers
Howie

Last edited by stockmanjr; May 29, 2013 at 10:52 pm
Old May 30, 2013, 8:23 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
This page seems to indicate that, if you have a PNR, you can get your ticket printed on board.

However, it goes on to say that this only applies to domestic journeys on the Cisalpino services.

I would contact their customer services to be sure: +39 06 68 47 54 75 - normal Skype rates, English speaking.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by stut
This page seems to indicate that, if you have a PNR, you can get your ticket printed on board.

However, it goes on to say that this only applies to domestic journeys on the Cisalpino services.

I would contact their customer services to be sure: +39 06 68 47 54 75 - normal Skype rates, English speaking.
Cisalpino no longer exists http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpino. SBB broke up the joint venture with Trenitalia some time ago.

While I know it won't help you now, SBB allows you to book the same journey via their site and to print out your tickets. They also support tickets in the iPhone/Android Apps.

Does Trainitialia have a smartphone app? That might be an option.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:00 am

I've never seen a counter from trenitalia that in Zurich. Maybe it is possible for SBB to access the italian reservation system, but as greg 5 already posted the cisalpino project failed.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by greg5
Cisalpino no longer exists http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpino.

While I know it won't help you now, SBB allows you to book the same journey via their site and to print out your tickets. They also support tickets in the iPhone/Android Apps.

Does Trainitialia have a smartphone app? That might be an option.
I just booked a trip for Zurich to Florence with SBB and had a similar type issue, this is what I was told by them.

Dear Mr. RSSrsvp

Thank you for your query.

1. The SBB is not permitted to offer the service "print-at-home" on Trenitalia trains. We have the possibility to sell their tickets at a point of sale i.e railway station ticket office or to issue the tickets ourselves and to despatch them to the client by post but we may not offer a print-at-home/E-Ticket service as with other tickets. These conditions are solely stipulated by Trenitalia. A print out service may be on offer in the future but for the present this service is not available through our website.

Thanking you kindly for taking the time and trouble to pass on your feedback and I hope that we will be able accommodate your wishes in the near future.

2. Yes, there is a SBB sales point in Zurich Airport

Based on their response I will go to the SBB ticket counter at the ZRH airport when I arrive and I am assuming that they will print out all of my tickets at the airport for the following trains:

ZRH airport-Zurich HB
Zurich HB - Milan
Milan- Florence
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Incase you haven't found this info, the SBB Train Ticket Counter is supposed to be located on the level below the Airport Center Check-in #3.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Incase you haven't found this info, the SBB Train Ticket Counter is supposed to be located on the level below the Airport Center Check-in #3.
Yes it was easy to find but the line was painfully slow with a large number people first buying tickets. Because my confirmation combined one SBB segment and one Trenitalia segment I couldn't use the automated kiosk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.