Wiki Posts
Search

HELP! Getting from AMS to BER via train

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
HELP! Getting from AMS to BER via train

Hello...I've been all over the Americas; Australia, etc., but never to Europe except for 6 days in the UK!

I am looking into a quick 5 day journey to Berlin for an event in late July...I'm finding tickets into BER and surrounding German areas to be way expensive, but found a very reasonable fare DCA-ATL-AMS.

As a total noob and rookie and can someone please give me some basic advise on where I should start looking for train options (or plane if someone thinks that's best) to get from AMS to BER. Cost is a concern - somewhat - i'm not the frugal traveler by any means, but I'm not on an expense account either. Time is an equal concern to cost, if that makes sense.

I'm currently scheduled to arrive into AMS at 5:55am on 1 AUG and leave at 6pm on 5 AUG.

Any help or advice would be great!!

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:57 pm

It's the end of the school holidays in several Northern Federal States (including Berlin) - my guess is that the cheap seats have all been booked up by returning German holidaymakers.

The train booking site for trains in, from and to Germany is www.bahn.de. Travel time is between 6.5 and 7.5 hours depending on connection, and fares for 1 August start at EUR 69 (haven't checked your return date).

PS Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you want the train, you need to buy NOW

Welcome to Flyertalk. Look at the Deutsche Bahn website as soon as possible meaning that the saver fares will or could be gone tomorrow. Right now, they are available. I just plugged in your dates and times; you can get a roundtrip fare between Schiphol and Berlin for €128 as the trip is just a day more than 2 months away.

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/DEU/en/index.shtml
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
You can also use this site (dutch & english) www.nshispeed.com
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Great! thank you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.