Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Elipsos on June 20th to BCN ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

No Elipsos on June 20th to BCN ?

I've been planning my honeymoon for a while now and was hoping to take the Elipsos from Milan to Barcelona as our first overnight train experience rather than dealing with air travel, etc.

Its my understanding the Elipsos runs MWF from Milan to Barcelona; however, for some reason it just doesn't seem to run that route on June 20th when I need it. (It is on other MWF Days though)

I'm trying to figure out if maybe we're still too far out to see it on the schedule or if it has been legitimately removed and will not operate.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:10 am

no ellipsons?

Hi, I saw your post and was wondering if you have found out what happened to the milan-barcellona train.. it seems is not running the last 3 weeks of june.. and can;t understand why.. ?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by evneb
Hi, I saw your post and was wondering if you have found out what happened to the milan-barcellona train.. it seems is not running the last 3 weeks of june.. and can;t understand why.. ?
Note that there is a European railway timetable change on the second Sunday in June. This is normally 'minor' (the major change is in December) but can mean that some services are not open for sale the usual 90 days in advance.

However, in this case it seems that the Milan-Barcelona Trenhotel has actually been cancelled for most of June:
Code:
RailEurope Service Updates]
Milan to Barcelona (Train number 11274):
Services are cancelled on 28th and 30th May
and 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 15th,
18th, 20th and 22nd June.
RailEurope doesn't state a reason, but I assume this is due to scheduled engineering work or something. There may be more info at www.renfe.com ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.