Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich to Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Sounds good. Can you still purchase tickets on the train in Austria without a penalty fee?
Yep, though the price I quoted is only for trains run by "WESTBahn", a new competitor comming in two weeks. They only sell tickets online and onboard, all at the same price. On regular ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) trains there is no penalty fee for buying your ticket onboard in long-distance trains (IC, EC, RailJet), though advance purchase tickets are often cheaper.

Right now there is quite the little price-war going on between Vienna and Salzburg with the private operator comming in. ÖBB has tickets for €15 (also to as far as the west of Austria) and WESTBahn dumped a bunch of tickets at €7, which sold out right away.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
But don't forget there is no conductor on regional trains in Austria. If you board such train, you can't buy it in the train. If random ticket inspection happens to be on board, you'll get large fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.