Purchase First Class Ticket From Machine - Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase First Class Ticket From Machine - Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: MVPG75K/Boardroom
I've taken the Frecciarossa between Rome-Florence-Bologna a few times over the last year or so. I always the use the machines and have not had any problems using A US card. To that point though, and others have raised it...I've read in more than one place that the chip issue is increasingly going to be a problem for US credit cards. Haven't seen it yet though. Can't believe that Visa isn't all over this...they'd lose a fortune if Americans can't use cards in Europe.

I have on a few occasions (at Roma Termini) been offered 'help' by a very friendly young man who desperately wanted to make sure I was able to get my train ticket. The first time this happened, I was actually grateful, because I was clueless about how to get my ticket. A few loose coins was payment enough for him. If it happens now I just ignore them and watch my pockets...if you've got a backpack...keep it in front of you at those ticket machines...they are really, really good at what they do (attempt to remove your valuables from your person).
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I am trying to purchase 2 first class tickets Rome to Florence via this site:

www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

I can select the lower priced MINI tickets and get all the way to checkout. I choose to do ticketless travel and then put in my CC info. It rejects the transaction. I have tried several cards.

How can I advance purchase Italian train tickets?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If it shows them on the website, you can purchase them. Trenitalia is known for not liking foreign cards. Try a few more cards, if not, then you might have to call them and try purchasing that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.