Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Helpt - Italy Rome to Naples / Sorrento Train/Car Rental

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I need help in obtaining information on where to rent a car.

I will being flying in to Rome and after a few days I want to spend a few days in Sorrento. I plan on renting a car in Sorrento or Naples. I don't plan on visiting Naples, but I figured it might be easier to rent a car at the Naples airport.

I would like to take a high speed train from Rome south, but I'm not sure where I should go to get a car rental. Should I go directly to Sorrento or to Naples or somewhere else. I would like to be efficient in my train travel to save on time and hopefully won't have to change trains/busses to many times to get to the car rental place.

Is it best to rent a vehicle at the airport in Naples? Any ideas?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I'd vote for changing trains (and rail stations ~500m underground passage) in Naples for a train to Sorrento. You can rent a carthere. There was an (IIRC) Avis agency close to the rail station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.