Reload this Page >

Goodbye Eurostar Leisure Select, hello Standard Premier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye Eurostar Leisure Select, hello Standard Premier

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:35 pm

This document might help: Eurotunnel Network Statement 2013 including details of access charges.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
You mean in Germany or for Eurostar bookings? And yes, last time I went London-Cologne, changing in Brussels, the difference between the comfort of Eurostar standard (cattle) class and the ICE 2nd class were night and day. The ICE has soooo much more legroom... not to mention is quieter.
I'm referring to London-Brussels.

Remember that DB London-Spezial tickets allow you to stopover (up to 48 hours) - this includes in Brussels.

DB tickets are priced on the basis of the ICE you take from Brussels, not the Eurostar. Therefore, the price differential tends to be highest if you book on the Sunday early morning ICE from Brussels (low demand) and you want to take a Friday afternoon (high demand) Eurostar from London-Brussels.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by railways
DB tickets are priced on the basis of the ICE you take from Brussels, not the Eurostar. Therefore, the price differential tends to be highest if you book on the Sunday early morning ICE from Brussels (low demand) and you want to take a Friday afternoon (high demand) Eurostar from London-Brussels.
Great to know -- thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
This document might help: Eurotunnel Network Statement 2013 including details of access charges.
Thank you... interesting document. I will trawl through it later after reading the 1998 and 2000 UK transport white papers...

I'm referring to London-Brussels.

Remember that DB London-Spezial tickets allow you to stopover (up to 48 hours) - this includes in Brussels.

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for all the interesting info. The hard part is just finding a spezial fare in the first place...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for all the interesting info. The hard part is just finding a spezial fare in the first place...
I've found the trick to finding them is manipulating the length of your stopover time in Brussels. I've had success finding the cheapest (€99 in 1st) fares by taking an overnight stopover, and a morning departure towards Köln.

There's good, and often cheap, hotels within a couple of minutes walk of the Central and Nord stations.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:34 am

Just noticed that a ticket for my London-Germany journey, which I bought weeks ago, is still priced at €49. This is for a departure between Christmas and New Year. For the same London-Brussels train, Eurostar is pricing out at £140.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Just noticed that a ticket for my London-Germany journey, which I bought weeks ago, is still priced at €49. This is for a departure between Christmas and New Year. For the same London-Brussels train, Eurostar is pricing out at £140.
Do any of the London-Germany itineraries include the Paris branch of the Eurostar?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Do any of the London-Germany itineraries include the Paris branch of the Eurostar?
No - you have to travel to Brussels and onwards by DB ICE for the DB special fares.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:23 pm

Waitrose agrees buffet deal with Eurostar.

The employee-owned grocer, part of the John Lewis Partnership, will supply all standard-class buffet cars in the Eurostar fleet with hot and cold food including mushroom risotto, chicken tikka masala, classic British sandwiches and croque monsieur grilled cheese and ham sandwiches.
I wonder how many Standard Premier passengers will be sneaking off to the buffet car for their food ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.