Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greek Ionian Islands Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Greek Ionian Islands Help Needed

We fly out of Toronto on Sunday. My wife, my 1.5 yr old son and I, will be in Greece for two weeks. My parents own a home in Messolongi, so we will be visiting an Island or two for 2-5 days.

It seems like too much of a hassle to spend two days driving to and from Pirearus. So we are looking at spending time at an Ionian Island. We are mostly looking for scenery and beautiful beaches. We are on a somewhat tight budget.

I have been to Zakynthos before and liked it alot. I am considering going back but only after visiting one of the other islands. We have both been to Lefkada, since no ferrys are involved.

I am looking for people to let me know if they could choose only one of the Islands on the Ionian sea, which would it be.

I seem to be stuck between Corfu and Kefalonia. Kefalonia mostly cause there is a ferry from Astakos. Travelling for long periods of time in a car seat, isn't what little Nicholas likes. lol But Corfu seems absolutely beautiful.

We have rented an car and will be looking for cheaper hotel rooms.
Any ideas
Thanks Kasey
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk, blueseeka!

Minoan Lines have sailings from Patras to Corfu, so you can save yourself the driving and arrive in good condition (for overnight sailings, I'd definitely go for a private cabin)! I wouldn't take a car on the ferry, though- just rent another one in CFU.

Alternatively, if Crete is of any interest, there are direct flights from GPA to HER on Skyexpress.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
I have been to about 15 different Greek Islands and Kefalonia still stands up as one of my favourites. Maybe it was because I was there for a wedding and with lots of locals but I loved the island, the people and the amazing beaches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.