Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

EU Claim, has everyone ever used them?

Old Jan 12, 09, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON+

just came across them when searching the web looking up compensation for flight cancellations... they offer to do all the work for you in return of 27% of compensation received...

Last edited by Oli20; Jan 12, 09 at 12:29 pm
Old Jan 12, 09, 8:46 am

Yes, after 3-4 unsuccessful letters with the airline EU Claim did the work for me. All went very smooth and compensation was paid.
Then another complaining letter to the airline and I even got the 27% compensated
Old Jan 12, 09, 9:48 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
I heard from several FTers that they used EU Claim successfully !

Havent tried it myself yet as I barely fly within the EU and all my overseas flights originate the EU without big issues
Old Jan 12, 09, 10:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EU Claim just files with the right agency and gets the job done quickly that way. If you have a problem with LH, write a formal letter, wait for a response. If it doesn't show up within 14 days and doesn't contain the correct answer/compensation, then contact the german federal agency LBA with the correct form on LBA.de and they contact LH (for free, BTW). LH usually responds instantly after a LBA nudge with the correct compensation.

People like EU claim are just scamming the uninformed.
Old Jan 12, 09, 10:18 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
EU Claim just files with the right agency and gets the job done quickly that way. If you have a problem with LH, write a formal letter, wait for a response. If it doesn't show up within 14 days and doesn't contain the correct answer/compensation, then contact the german federal agency LBA with the correct form on LBA.de and they contact LH (for free, BTW). LH usually responds instantly after a LBA nudge with the correct compensation.

People like EU claim are just scamming the uninformed.
Thats a bit harsh...

They provide a service and get paid for it.

Lawyers do not "scam" the uninformed either but their work is often a bit more complex.
Old Jan 12, 09, 11:14 am

If your time is worth a lot - it is a very good deal. No scam involved. They are very open about their fee structure and what they do for it.
Old Jan 12, 09, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON+
I didnt want to say in the first place (Oli would have moved the threat... :-)) but I was on a BA flight from FRA to LCY this morning which got cancelled after 2 hours on board without heating at -12 degrees, got rerouted to LHR with LH. (3 and a bit hours later). not sure what I am entitled to so gave it staight to EU claim. oh, BA claims frozen domestic water supply and an subsequent engine failure.
Old Jan 12, 09, 12:39 pm

Well... having no relations to LH in the OP is not more or less reason to move it than relating it to BA

Depends on how BA can prove it, claiming subzero temperatures as a reason for their issues might be a valid point.

Though minus 12 degrees is not a low temperature for aviation service and we are not on the south pole here in FRA
Old Jan 12, 09, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
...Lawyers do not "scam" the uninformed either....
must....resist.....urge....to....comment....
Old Jan 13, 09, 8:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this has nothing specifically to do with Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners) this thread is moving to the Europe forum.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Search this Thread