Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where should I go in January? Best deals?

Old Nov 22, 08, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have some thoughts on the best bang for the buck for a trip in January. I will be traveling from Nashville TN and I am open to anywhere in the world but focusing on Europe because I figured there is more to sight see as far as buildings etc. in the winter, but would like to know where you all think would be a good trip that time of year considering strength of the USD, good air prices, things to do, cost of hotels in general. I am open to anywhere in the world, but since this will be more of a sightseeing, not beach relaxing trip, I figured I would start in Europe. I look forward to your feedback.

Also- when I do decide, should I be buying airline tickets now or do you think I should wait until a few weeks before I go for better deals? JB
Old Dec 6, 08, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
No responses yet? Wow! Here's my two cents:

In my experience, London is usually the cheapest to get to from the east coast. London is, of course, a great city and if you've not been there - probably a good choice. Given the US dollars improvement of late, London is not a wickedly expensive as it was a couple of months ago.

Another option is Amsterdam. I've done a couple of long weekends there from the east coast. It's a easy trainride from the airport to the Central Station and from there you can get by tram anywhere in the city. There are plenty of options for lodging as well in all price categories.

There's my 2 cents!
Old Dec 6, 08, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you should go to another continent. Europe is very cold.

The weather in Andalusia and Crete could be mild enough for an enjoyable visit, the rest of the continent I would avoid.
Old Dec 7, 08, 11:29 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by graraps View Post
you should go to another continent. Europe is very cold.

The weather in Andalusia and Crete could be mild enough for an enjoyable visit, the rest of the continent I would avoid.
What's about Malta. It's also warm there during the winter times.

Search this Thread