Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Vienna-Which hotel?

Vienna-Which hotel?

Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Vienna-Which hotel?

I will be staying 3 nights in Vienna in February.Here's my question. I can stay at the Vienna Marriott using points with free lounge access for a totally free stay, the Intercontinental Hotel with points and lounge access for 55 Euro's per night or the Starwood Hotel Imperial for a cash and points and points only redemption of $300.00 and 36,000 points but no type of executive lounge access. All 3 hotels are in the general vicinity of where I want to be.Believe it or not, I am leaning towards the Hotel Imperial and spending the points and money based on my perception of the 3 hotels. What do you all think? What would you do? Thanks for all your opinions.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
I´d choose the Marriott for free.

The IC is one of the older ones and IMHO a hit or miss with the rooms. I stayed there 2 times and always got a not so good room (strong need for a renovation), so changed my business to Mariott and Hilton. On the other side - some of my friends with top status at IC never complained.

The Imperial is IMHO overrated. It is one of the fluffy old and well established hotels you´ll find in most older cities in Europe. Much patina and a decent service of course but with mostly smaller rooms. If you´d like to have a break from the typical international chain hotel you might choose it, but it´s not worth the extra spend of points and cash.

The Mariott offers decent and airy rooms, a nice lounge and a good location too.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Imperial

Originally Posted by general45
I will be staying 3 nights in Vienna in February.Here's my question. I can stay at the Vienna Marriott using points with free lounge access for a totally free stay, the Intercontinental Hotel with points and lounge access for 55 Euro's per night or the Starwood Hotel Imperial for a cash and points and points only redemption of $300.00 and 36,000 points but no type of executive lounge access. All 3 hotels are in the general vicinity of where I want to be.Believe it or not, I am leaning towards the Hotel Imperial and spending the points and money based on my perception of the 3 hotels. What do you all think? What would you do? Thanks for all your opinions.
If you are a Starwood Platinum, I would stay at the Imperial. This year on a 5 night award stay, I was upgraded to a 1600 sq. ft. suite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.