Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Places to go close to Kitzbuehel Austria alone?

Old Oct 6, 07, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP

I'll be in Austria for a month and already have a week in Vienna (my favorite) and then a few nights toward the end in Munich and Paris.

My boyfriend and his family are big skiers and while I enjoy the lodge and bunny slopes, I was raised in Southern California and don't care to much for skiing (at least not for 20 days!)

We'll be in Kitz for about 20 days and I know after a few days I'll want to get out of there.

My question is:

What are some great places that are close enough by train that I can go see on my own and are safe? I'd prefer to keep it short, maybe one nighter here or there or if I could leave Kitz in the morning and be back in the evening that would be ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Oct 8, 07, 4:32 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by delmargal View Post
I'll be in Austria for a month and already have a week in Vienna (my favorite) and then a few nights toward the end in Munich and Paris.

My boyfriend and his family are big skiers and while I enjoy the lodge and bunny slopes, I was raised in Southern California and don't care to much for skiing (at least not for 20 days!)

We'll be in Kitz for about 20 days and I know after a few days I'll want to get out of there.

My question is:

What are some great places that are close enough by train that I can go see on my own and are safe? I'd prefer to keep it short, maybe one nighter here or there or if I could leave Kitz in the morning and be back in the evening that would be ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Zell am See, Salzburg, Innsbruck

I think there are a lot of options. I depends, what are you looking for. PM for more questions.
Old Oct 11, 07, 4:09 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
For round-the-corner relaxation, the villages/towns in the area are pretty well atocked with spas nowadays. St.Johann, Going, Ellmau and of course the famous Stanglwirt hotel & spa.
Old Oct 11, 07, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by mosburger View Post
For round-the-corner relaxation, the villages/towns in the area are pretty well atocked with spas nowadays. St.Johann, Going, Ellmau and of course the famous Stanglwirt hotel & spa.
Yeah I was thinking St. Johann, but I might head over to St. Moritz or even Lech (since we have friends who own a hotel...although who doesn't in Europe )

Regarding the post above the quoted-I'll probably do Salzburg for next summer.

I was hoping to to be able to take day trips outside of Austria in surrounding countries. Might be fairly easy to convince the boyfriend to come as I think the snow will be like last year and won't enjoying skiing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: