Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Airport Transportation in Athens

Airport Transportation in Athens

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Big thanks for the advice!

I always take the government advisory warnings with a bit of a grain of salt. The airbnb owner said it was pretty walkable too. I'm just a bit bummed I get there JUST after the last train, oh well, it seems like it'll be open early enough for my flight out
Do I understand you correctly that you're just going into Athens to sleep and you then take an early flight out on the next day? If yes, cancel your airbnb in the city and find something closer to the airport (e.g. Rafina, Paiania, Artemida) or book the Sofitel (expensive but 5 minutes walk to the check-in desks and best shower among hundreds of hotels I've slept in across 6 continents).

PS I forgot to write that cabs in Athens are cheap, though you do have to pay an extra after midnight.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Do I understand you correctly that you're just going into Athens to sleep and you then take an early flight out on the next day? If yes, cancel your airbnb in the city and find something closer to the airport (e.g. Rafina, Paiania, Artemida) or book the Sofitel (expensive but 5 minutes walk to the check-in desks and best shower among hundreds of hotels I've slept in across 6 continents).

PS I forgot to write that cabs in Athens are cheap, though you do have to pay an extra after midnight.
No I'm staying for like 4-5 days.

From what I read the cab cost from the airport to Thissio was gonna be like 50 Euro, even 35 I probably wouldn't have wanted to pay.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
No I'm staying for like 4-5 days.

From what I read the cab cost from the airport to Thissio was gonna be like 50 Euro, even 35 I probably wouldn't have wanted to pay.
I always use the bus (3€, as I'm over 65, 6€ otherwise), unless I'm in a hurry. There's a unit price of 38€ for the cab (50€ after midnight), plus tolls, but this is still "cheap" compared to most cities in Europe and North America and thinking of the distance. Anyway, from Syntagma to Thissio it should not be more than 3€, plus a small surcharge for using it after midnight; certainly not over 5€.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I got into town on the X95 bus, the plus side of 0100 is that there's no traffic.

I could've and probably should've walked to the airbnb, but as I started I got a tiny bit lost right off the hop (sometimes google maps takes like 1 block to realize you've started in the wrong direction) so i took a cab. We found the place, only after going to another place with the same address. I messaged the airbnb host and he said "oh yea, we have that problem". WELL ...? Why not tell me that BEFORE? None of the cab drivers knew where this place was. I can't understand why airbnb hosts don't show a picture from the outside both day and night so maybe you can just recognize it even if you can't find the address. Or gimme a clue like "it's behind _____ church" or "next to _____ bar". Argh. Oh well, I got here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.