Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

How do I get the best deal on a Krakow hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 10:46 am
Original Poster

In the US, Ireland and England, I know how to get the best deals on hotels. I don't know how to do it in Poland. Can anyone tell me if there is a good booking online that gives the best hotel rates for Krakow or can you recommend a hotel near train station in Krakow?
Old May 22, 2007, 11:08 am
Original Poster

My wife is looking at staying at the Polonia. Anyone know anything about this hotel?
Old May 22, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Originally Posted by Danger Man
In the US, Ireland and England, I know how to get the best deals on hotels. I don't know how to do it in Poland. Can anyone tell me if there is a good booking online that gives the best hotel rates for Krakow or can you recommend a hotel near train station in Krakow?
I attended a conference in Krakow about 18 months ago and stayed at the Hotel Pollera, about 10 mins walk from the station. Cheap but old fashioned and quirky - just my type of hotel, in fact, but definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I found this accommodation through www.visitpoland.com and found them excellent - good communications when my first booking did not go through properly, very understanding of what I was looking for.
The station is just outside the Old Town and I would recommended staying within the Old Town.
Writing this I am now getting itchy feet and wondering if I could have a short break in Krakow fairly soon!
Old May 28, 2007, 11:13 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Did you find a hotel? There are many small hotels, including a new one that just opened mear my anatomy building. http://www.hotelascot.pl/

some hotel list
http://www.polhotels.com/links.html

another good site
http://www.cracow-life.com/sleep/hotels.php
Old May 28, 2007, 11:19 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Also to add, there is also a new hotel building (not done yet) right next to the train station. but really, these hotels are walking distance from the train station. For instance the ascot hotel is a few minutes. A lot of the old town ones are 5-10min walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.