Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna boutique hotel/B&B recs convenient to Austria Center

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Vienna boutique hotel/B&B recs convenient to Austria Center

Family members are participating in a conference at the Austria Center in Vienna. Many of the big business hotels are sold out, and they can't afford the really high end luxury places (which seem to start at around $800/night).

Does anyone have recommendations for reasonably-priced boutique hotels or even pensions that are convenient to the Austria Center? They can handle taking public transportation if it doesn't take too long, although staying a short taxi ride away might be more convenient. The main requirements are high speed internet access (wifi or wired) in the rooms and a private bathroom--in addition to basic cleanliness and 24hr access.

Location within walking distance of decent restaurants would be a plus.
Old May 15, 2007, 9:23 am

I can recommend Das Tyrol hotel. I stayed there in November. It is in a great location near everything in the center of Vienna and is quite reasonable. The rooms are a little small, but very clean, nice, and a great breakfast included. Taxis and the subway are very easy to get as well. I think the rates are well within your budget.
Old May 15, 2007, 10:53 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
We had a wonderful stay at the Levante Laudon, just outside the Ringstrasse in Josefstadt: http://www.thelevante.com/go.php

The room, with fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room, bedroom, high speed Internet, plasma TV, etc., was gorgeous. The staff (especially Suzanne, the manager) were superb. Highly recommended.

David
Old May 15, 2007, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

These are exactly the kinds of suggestions we're looking for. ^

Unfortunately both are sold out for the week in questino.
Old May 16, 2007, 3:00 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by themicah
These are exactly the kinds of suggestions we're looking for. ^

Unfortunately both are sold out for the week in questino.
Try www.hotelbleckmann.at. which is a small three-star hotel in the centre and I think it also has wifi-access in the room.

if you are looking for a boutique hotel close to the Austria center try the www.hotelkunsthof.at. it is just 2 stops away by underground.

br
Old May 16, 2007, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Any recommendations for Salzburg?

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd tag on to this one...

Any similar recommendations for Salzburg for mid July?

Thank you !
Old May 16, 2007, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the all the suggestions. They flipped through a few guidebooks and ended up booking the Pension Christina. It sounds pretty small and I don't think it has internet, but for 100 euros a night with a great location, it seems like a very good choice. And I'm sure they'll find an internet cafe somewhere nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.