Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam to AMS: Taxi - How Long?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Amsterdam to AMS: Taxi - How Long?

Does anybody know how long does it take a taxi to get to AMS from the Hilton Amsterdam area at 3pm on a workweek? Is there terrible traffic?

I am trying to book a flight to LHR at around 5pm and wanted to know if that's possible.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically 15-20 min and rarely bad traffic. Fridays times are higher. I use the Connexxion hotel shuttle for about 10 euros. Usually zero stops from the Hilton to the airport.

MisterNice
Old Sep 24, 2005, 5:24 am

Programs: Premier Exec
To Downtown

I had a 20 hour layover in Amsterdam in June. My assosciate and I split a taxi from AMS to a 2.5 star Best Western. I took a bout 30 minutes during heavy traffic. Hmm, I don't recall the trip back the next morning.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by MisterNice
I use the Connexxion hotel shuttle for about 10 euros. Usually zero stops from the Hilton to the airport.
Thanks everyone for the pointers.

I've read elsewhere on this board that it was 0 stops from AMS to the Hilton but not the other way around. He/she attributed it to that fact that the Hilton is the first stop and the bus has to make a bunch of other stops dropping off other pax before returning to AMS.

Which is correct? I'll assume you are since you were very specific about the above - thanks.

Does anyone know if the security lines are long at 3:30pm-4pm mid-week? I'm debating whether to fly bmi or easyjet to LHR and with bmi, I know at least I might have a shot at an elite check-in line.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically from AMS to the Hilton Amsterdam the Connexxion bus will make 1-3 stops at other hotels.......about 90% of the time it is 1 or 2, mostly 1. From the Hilton it has never been more than 1 stop to AMS........about 80% of the time it was non-stop. Connexxion does this because its busses travel on Apollaan towards the Olympic Stadium (not too many hotels in this area) then quickly get onto the main highway to AMS.

At AMS I allow 90 min for KL/NW flights and 105 min for CO flights (they board near El Al and lotsa MP5 machine gun toting cops). Works fine every time and gives time for a friendly bubbly on the KLM lounges. I use the elite check-in lines but no fast pass security lines appear open.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.