Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Istanbul Airport

Istanbul Airport

Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Istanbul Airport

Does ANY hotel offer a free shuttle to and from the (no longer) new IST airport?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. Not that surprising given the distance into town.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unfortunately, no hotel at IST does offer a complimentary shuttle.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No. Not that surprising given the distance into town.
Which town, Arnavutköy or İstanbul? Arnavutköy -- although located in the latter -- is the more precise location of IST.

Not sure why the transit hotel would be in the touristy area of İstanbul anyway, since it's quite far.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency_
Which town, Arnavutköy or İstanbul? Arnavutköy -- although located in the latter -- is the more precise location of IST.
Good point!

Def some airport hotels out in Arnavutköy (mostly cheap. non-chain ones) which do offer complimentary shuttle/car service.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
I have stayed in Arnavutköy for a night stop. I doubt I will do it again. From what I can see all the hotels are the same and not great. You will get a small clean and noisy room, food may be from Domino's and the shuttle will be at least €20 each way. Better to go a bit further away. The shuttle/taxi will cost the same but the hotels are far better.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ffgap
Good point!

Def some airport hotels out in Arnavutköy (mostly cheap. non-chain ones) which do offer complimentary shuttle/car service.
No, none of the hotels in the Arnavutköy area offer complimentary shuttle service despite being close to the airport.
Most of them would charge a tourist markup for their shuttles, and the only cheap way to/from that area is to take the H-6 bus which runs every 45-60 minutes which is ₺35.40 ( about $1.20 ) one-way with an Istanbulkart.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No, none of the hotels in the Arnavutköy area offer complimentary shuttle service
It is easy to debunk this as you are making such an absolute claim (for the second time, no less).

The Queen Airport Hotel, Arnavutköy, offers a complimentary airport shuttle service. I've been there myself (booked through booking.com).
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
It is easy to debunk this as you are making such an absolute claim (for the second time, no less).

The Queen Airport Hotel, Arnavutköy, offers a complimentary airport shuttle service. I've been there myself (booked through booking.com).
Do they charge €40 more than all the other hotels?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
Do they charge €40 more than all the other hotels?
No, I think it was more like EUR 40-60 per night inclusive of everything (breakfast & shuttle). I mean, it was just after they opened and not exactly the sort of hotel discussed on FT. But the staff was super-friendly and it was okay for one night (front facing the street, but room towards the back quiet).

As chain hotels continue opening up near the new IST, of course we're going to see more complimentary airport shuttles. There were plenty of free shuttles at the old Ataturk. Give it until the fall when the last bit of revenge travel is over and there's even more competition at the new IST. In light of the low wages and weak Turkish economy, of course we will see more free airport shuttles.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The comments from other guests on booking.com for the same hotel does say otherwise
( Multiple comments available in Turkish that the transfer is for an additional fee )

Maybe the shuttle was offered complimentarily on your rate, but in general it doesn't look like this hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to every guest.

Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Accepting that it will involve a paid transfer or taxi, which hotel would be recommended for an overnight for a family of three arriving in IST after midnight?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:30 am
Original Poster

... Give it until the fall when the last bit of revenge travel is over and there's even more competition at the new IST. In light of the low wages and weak Turkish economy, of course we will see more free airport shuttles.
Inshallah
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Wondering if anyone had an idea about getting Havabus to Taksim. from airport?, Cost, quality of bus etc. I've heard horror stories about taxi drivers in Istanbul so Id rather not. Bus will likely take same time roughly. Ill be staying at Sofitel Taksim. IS Uber used in Istanbul if so any guestimates on cost?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:33 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Wondering if anyone had an idea about getting Havabus to Taksim. from airport?, Cost, quality of bus etc. I've heard horror stories about taxi drivers in Istanbul so Id rather not. Bus will likely take same time roughly. Ill be staying at Sofitel Taksim. IS Uber used in Istanbul if so any guestimates on cost?

Thanks!
Did it two weeks ago. Cost was trl 170 (about $5.50) but be aware that hava.ist inflation is running even ahead of general Turkish inflation - the same trip in December was trl 114, and in early 2023 was only trl 74! Bus is clean, modern, comfortable coach, payment by credit card (Visa/MC, not Amex) to the driver, or cash at the ticket office right by the stop. Bus stop at Taksim is a 700m walk from the Sofitel. Not sure about Uber, I use Bitaksi which is an easy way of getting a regular yellow cab.
Cedar Jet likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.