Europe

Europe

Restaurant recs in Brussels

Old Nov 22, 22, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

hi - I'll be spending a few days in Brussels in late December, staying at the Hilton Grand Place across from Central Station. I haven't been to Brussels in about 5 years, and so my restaurant knowledge is quite dated. Would love recommendations for favorites in and around the center of the city (ideally within a 30 min walk of the Hilton). I'd prefer Belgian/French, but am open if there are particular standouts that are favorites. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 22, 7:59 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
It has been a few years, but I've always had a great meal at In 't Spinnekopke (Pl. du Jardin aux Fleurs 1)

They are famous for cooking with beer and pairing their dishes with beer.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Nov 23, 22, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21 View Post
hi - I'll be spending a few days in Brussels in late December, staying at the Hilton Grand Place across from Central Station. I haven't been to Brussels in about 5 years, and so my restaurant knowledge is quite dated. Would love recommendations for favorites in and around the center of the city (ideally within a 30 min walk of the Hilton). I'd prefer Belgian/French, but am open if there are particular standouts that are favorites. Thanks!
I stayed at this Hilton recently and had a nice meal at Chez Lon, only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

https://chezleon.be/en/home-2/

Do not make the mistake of eating at Sentro, the hotel restaurant. Also, lower your expectations of this being the typical full service Hilton Hotel. In my opinion, it is only one step above a Hampton Inn. The main reason to stay here is its location because of its proximity to Centraal Station. You might want to visit the thread below.

Hilton Brussels Grand Place {BEL}
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
La Quincaillerie in Ixelles (https://www.quincaillerie.be/) is very nice in a down to earth(ish - they do serve lobster) Belgian way. Off the beaten path around Grand Place, too.

I'd reckon about 40 mins walk from the Hilton, or hop on Tram 93 at Palais stop (walk up Mont des Arts from the Hilton, round the Palais des Beaux Arts, tram stop is on Rue Royale). Get off at Bailli stop and it's a short walk to the restaurant.
Old Yesterday, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks everyone!

Search this Thread