Reload this Page >

Istanbul - coach to Sultanahmet

Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver

Hi

I took this photograph in April and this may help someone.

Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by zahidworld
Hi

I took this photograph in April and this may help someone.

There is no longer a HAVAS bus to Sultanahmet. The closest terminus is Aksaray, from where you can take a taxi or the (likely jam-packed) tram.

A slightly more complicated, but more relaxed way might be the bus to Taksim - use the underground metro walkways that take you to the lift down to the tram terminus at Kabatas. From there a tram to Sultanahmet (though you might find the stops immediately before Sultanahmet useful).

You need an istanbul card for the public transport options following the Havaist ride.

https://www.hava.ist/en/Voyage/VoyageTime
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There is no longer a HAVAS bus to Sultanahmet. The closest terminus is Aksaray, from where you can take a taxi or the (likely jam-packed) tram.
@IAN-UK, how many places have you been to. Pretty much any place I've been to you've been there at least as well, and probably been there before me.

I just wanted to mention how disappointed I am that the direct bus from Sultanahmet to the airport doesn't run any more. I used that bus, and it was so convenient. I was staying just near Sultanahmet, and could just use the remaining credit on my Istanbulkart to go back to the airport. I've taken other routes before I knew about the bus, and they were an order of magnitude more difficult. The first time I went from the airport to near Sultanahmet I took a bus, train, then tram. Without help from Turkish people I would never have worked it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.