Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Post arrival PCR test in Belgium

Old Feb 6, 22, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver

Has the Belgian Government given any indication of when it will drop the post-arrival PCR test, with associated quarantine? I have a business visit for 72 hours scheduled for w/c 14th Febraury and so I'll have to take the test as I'll be there for more than 48 hours. I'm a UK citizen flying from EDI to AMS and then either fly on to BRU or get the train. I know the Netherlands have dropped the quarantine requirements for UK travellers, so the train option is possible and preferable, but it may be more difficult to get a PCR test, if necessary. I will be staying in Louvain-la-Nueve, not Brussels.
Old Feb 7, 22, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
I would also be interested in hearing any updates as well. There was some anecdotal discussion that the PCR test upon arrival was not enforced if the traveler had a negative PCR test with 72 hours, but I do not think this was ever actual policy.

Last edited by FC ORD; Feb 10, 22 at 6:19 pm
Old Feb 8, 22, 12:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Ardecos View Post
Has the Belgian Government given any indication of when it will drop the post-arrival PCR test, with associated quarantine?
Unfortunately, no. But at least it's a quite short quarantine since you have just to wait the test results and then - if negative - you're good to go.
Old Feb 8, 22, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Unfortunately, no. But at least it's a quite short quarantine since you have just to wait the test results and then - if negative - you're good to go.
Mmmmh disagree on that one. I had to do it twice and in both cases the advertised turnaround time was meant to be 24hr but turned out to be more like 36/48hr. And to say nothing of the fact that all the messages I was receiving were just in Dutch (I was in Antwerp) as obviously the entire world speaks that language. Here's to hoping that they change that rule sooner or later, at least for vaccinated people.
Old Feb 8, 22, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by 13901 View Post
Mmmmh disagree on that one. I had to do it twice and in both cases the advertised turnaround time was meant to be 24hr but turned out to be more like 36/48hr. And to say nothing of the fact that all the messages I was receiving were just in Dutch (I was in Antwerp) as obviously the entire world speaks that language. Here's to hoping that they change that rule sooner or later, at least for vaccinated people.
Out of curiosity, where did you get the test?

Regarding the Dutch, I agree it's bit annoying, but google translate is readily available.
It's not the first government to sent out message in the national language, after all.
Old Feb 8, 22, 4:19 am

Out of curiosity, where did you get the test?

Regarding the Dutch, I agree it's bit annoying, but google translate is readily available.
It's not the first government to sent out message in the national language, after all.
BRU Airport arrivals.

Frankly, I'd at least expect a smattering of English (or at least the other national language, French).
Old Feb 8, 22, 7:21 am
Original Poster

BRU Airport arrivals.

Frankly, I'd at least expect a smattering of English (or at least the other national language, French).
As you have visited Antwerp already, did you enquire about any of the following test centres there?

1. UZA Antwerp Centraal: Seems to work with the Belgian passenger locator form (PLF), but probably slow.
2. BookYourCovidTest. Fast but expensive. I asked them if their results were compatible with the PLF but the answer was that it used a Dutch covid app, so the answer probably no.
3. My PCRTest: Expensive and so-so timewise. They may be compatible with the PLF but they have not responded to my query.
Old Feb 8, 22, 7:45 am

BRU Airport arrivals.
That's annoying.
13901 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 7:54 am

As you have visited Antwerp already, did you enquire about any of the following test centres there?

1. UZA Antwerp Centraal: Seems to work with the Belgian passenger locator form (PLF), but probably slow.
2. BookYourCovidTest. Fast but expensive. I asked them if their results were compatible with the PLF but the answer was that it used a Dutch covid app, so the answer probably no.
3. My PCRTest: Expensive and so-so timewise. They may be compatible with the PLF but they have not responded to my query.
No, didn't to be fair. I was under the impression that I had to test as soon as I'd arrived. However, my next visit will be below 48hr.
Old Feb 8, 22, 8:26 am
Original Poster

No, didn't to be fair. I was under the impression that I had to test as soon as I'd arrived. However, my next visit will be below 48hr.
Ok, thanks. Antwerp will be my first stop in Belgium on the train from Schiphol, so it will be my first port of call in Belgium. I did wonder about the 48 hours limit and whether a quick train ride over the border to the Netherlands and back half way through my trip would result in my having two visits each of less than 48 hours.
13901 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 10:32 am

I'm sorry, what do you mean with "PLF compatible"?
Old Feb 8, 22, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

I'm sorry, what do you mean with "PLF compatible"?
I believe that when I fill in the Passenger Locator Form I will be sent a 16-digit code that is used as a reference for my test. Some testing companies (e.g. EcoCare at BRU) will ask for this number and so the authorities will know about my test. It is not clear if the private providers have this facility and so it may not be possible to use them for the day 1 test. It does not matter for departures as a certificate is enough for check-in staff, but arrivals seems more complex. It also seems that, for example EcoCare, it is possible to get a rapid PCR test for departures but not arrivals.
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
Have any of you heard if the entry PCR test was still required with an American "documentation of recovery" which the CDC defines as a positive viral test and a clearance letter from your physician?
Old Feb 9, 22, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FC ORD View Post
Have any of you heard if the entry PCR test was still required with an American "documentation of recovery" which the CDC defines as a positive viral test and a clearance letter from your physician?
You still have to take either a PCR test (72 hours before arrival) or an antigen test (witihn 1 day of arrival) irrespective of any vaccination/proof of recovery certificates.

https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/#NotBelgium
FC ORD likes this.
Old Feb 9, 22, 10:07 am

edit .

Last edited by 13901; Feb 9, 22 at 10:12 am

Search this Thread