Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post arrival PCR test in Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No more restrictions in Belgium on arrivals from the EU starting 18 Feb, as well as no restrictions on restaurants, bars, shops, etc
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
No more restrictions in Belgium on arrivals from the EU starting 18 Feb, as well as no restrictions on restaurants, bars, shops, etc
Any news for arrivals from beyond the EU? thanks
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Do you mean for non EU resident/citizen?

Originally Posted by 13901
Any news for arrivals from beyond the EU? thanks
There will be changes but there aren't exact info out yet. I think next week will be more clear.

Last edited by Lefly; Feb 11, 2022 at 11:15 pm Reason: correct
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:13 am

A bit disappointing, I was hoping to avoid another 48h rush but hey ho. Thanks Lefly!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
Do you mean for non EU resident/citizen?

There will be changes but there aren't exact info out yet. I think next week will be more clear.
As far as I read, arrivals from EU/Schengen, no mention of citizenship/residency. From outside the region vaccination + test (don't quote me, though )
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:35 am

As far as I read, arrivals from EU/Schengen, no mention of citizenship/residency. From outside the region vaccination + test (don't quote me, though )
I asked because there were already no restriction for intra EU arrivals for vaccinated EU citizens/residents... and from what I heard, vaccination is a fixed requirement and it's not going to change in the next future.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I read it, intra-EU/Schengen arrivals are free from any precondition (e.g vaccination) But check before you travel
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
As of today, Belgium does not require any testing on arrival for fully vaccinated travelers. This is independent of your passport country (both EU/Schengen and non EU/Schengen) and your flight origination country (both EU/Schengen and non EU/Schengen). See https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...ral-countries/ for example.

I was somewhat surprised, given UA's IT performance, that they have already noted this in their Travel Ready section.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:03 pm

Latest official info here https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/
FC ORD and Ardecos like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Excellent, the 48-hour rule is gone, just a test in advance. As it happens my trip to Belgium had to be put back to early March due to some equipment getting stuck in Customs due to Brexit-related paperwork problems. The delay has simplifed things for me.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:02 am

The info-coronavirus.be is a case study of how not to make information understandable and clearly readable, however from the Sherpa website I understand that, for a trip due next week, as fully vaccinated EU national resident in the UK and travelling to Belgium, I do not need to pre-test, or to test on arrival. Am I right? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by 13901
The info-coronavirus.be is a case study of how not to make information understandable and clearly readable, however from the Sherpa website I understand that, for a trip due next week, as fully vaccinated EU national resident in the UK and travelling to Belgium, I do not need to pre-test, or to test on arrival. Am I right? Thanks in advance!
I've seen worse
In any case, correct. No test, before or after, just the PLF.
13901 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:10 am

I've seen worse
In any case, correct. No test, before or after, just the PLF.
Thanks! Great to know.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Ardecos
Excellent, the 48-hour rule is gone, just a test in advance. As it happens my trip to Belgium had to be put back to early March due to some equipment getting stuck in Customs due to Brexit-related paperwork problems. The delay has simplifed things for me.
Having seen the comments about testing it may be that as a UK national living in the UK I also do not need to test in advance. However https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/#1b states that:
  • Do you have a vaccination or recovery certificate? You do not need to quarantine or get tested.
  • Get tested before your arrival (PCR up to 72 hours before or RAT up to 24 hours before). Did you test negative? You do not need to quarantine or get tested when you arrive in Belgium.
My uncertainty here is the second bullet point. As I am vaccinated do I need only to be concerned with the first bullet point or do I have to satisfy both of them?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ardecos
Having seen the comments about testing it may be that as a UK national living in the UK I also do not need to test in advance. However https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/#1b states that:
  • Do you have a vaccination or recovery certificate? You do not need to quarantine or get tested.
  • Get tested before your arrival (PCR up to 72 hours before or RAT up to 24 hours before). Did you test negative? You do not need to quarantine or get tested when you arrive in Belgium.
My uncertainty here is the second bullet point. As I am vaccinated do I need only to be concerned with the first bullet point or do I have to satisfy both of them?
It's a "translation" error, they missed the bit "you don't have a vaccination or recovery certificate" before the second point regarding testing before travelling.
By the way, there's a mistake even in the French version... the correct one is the Flemish version quoted below.

2. Kom je uit een derde land dat niet op de witte lijst staat?

• Heb je EU-nationaliteit of hoofdverblijfplaats in de EU of Schengenzone?
    • Heb je een vaccinatie- of herstelcertificaat?
      • Je moet je in België niet laten testen of in quarantaine gaan.
    • Heb je geen vaccinatie- of herstelcertificaat?
      • Laat je testen voor vertrek (PCR-test van max. 72 uur of Ag-test van max. 24 uur). Je moet je in België niet laten testen of in quarantaine gaan.
  • Heb je geen EU-nationaliteit of hoofdverblijfplaats in de EU of Schengenzone?
    • Je mag enkel naar België reizen voor essentiële redenen, of als je een erkend vaccinatiecertificaat hebt met volledige vaccinatie of een herstelcertificaat.
    • Heb je een vaccinatie- of herstelcertificaat?
      • Je moet je in België niet laten testen of in quarantaine gaan.
    • Heb je geen vaccinatie- of herstelcertificaat?
      • Laat je testen voor vertrek (PCR-test van max. 72 uur of Ag-test van max. 24 uur). Je moet je in België niet laten testen of in quarantaine gaan.
PS
I didn't check the German version because I can't really read it...
Ardecos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.