Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Daily COVID Testing for Netherlands

Daily COVID Testing for Netherlands

Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Thank you. I have filled it out and submitted. I don’t know if the CDC card from Florida really has a watermark but I guess we will see.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlffla
Thank you. I have filled it out and submitted. I don’t know if the CDC card from Florida really has a watermark but I guess we will see.
Great, ours took one day. We submitted a screenshot of our digital California pass, not the CDC card, but I hope that works for you!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:31 am
Original Poster

It is only good for Belgium. It states, “The certificate is available on the following digital platforms and may only be used in Belgium and not to travel to other countries “
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is only good for Belgium. It states, “The certificate is available on the following digital platforms and may only be used in Belgium and not to travel to other countries “
I thought all EU CovidSafe certs were accepted in all other EU countries? I took that to mean it can't be used for TRAVEL is to board an aircraft or cross a border. But can be used for restaurants, events, etc. across EU.
Either way we are in Belgium several days, so it should work there. I will report back if it works in France and Germany.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Great, ours took one day. We submitted a screenshot of our digital California pass, not the CDC card, but I hope that works for you!
The screenshot of my California digital pass was rejected. I had to resubmit. My brother downloaded an image for the state's website and that was accepted.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
I thought all EU CovidSafe certs were accepted in all other EU countries? I took that to mean it can't be used for TRAVEL is to board an aircraft or cross a border. But can be used for restaurants, events, etc. across EU.
Either way we are in Belgium several days, so it should work there. I will report back if it works in France and Germany.
I'm not entirely sure of the distinction drawn by the Belgian authorities. I know that the Pass Sanitaire comes with two different QR codes. One is specifically designated for use at the border. I used the other QR code to enter restaurants as well as the airport (in France). The Belgians provide only one QR code. I assume that "not used for travel" means that the QR code is not valid at borders. It should still be good at businesses across the EU, but I haven't yet seen it tested.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Lots of confusion around this issue. You’ll have to wait and see. I received one, too, so I will try it in two weeks when I am there. France has their own pass which is valid in the Netherlands. Germany is not requiring one but my understanding is some drugstores will give you the code based on your CDC card. I am going to Germany as well so will also find out.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tunapalooza
I'm not entirely sure of the distinction drawn by the Belgian authorities. I know that the Pass Sanitaire comes with two different QR codes. One is specifically designated for use at the border. I used the other QR code to enter restaurants as well as the airport (in France). The Belgians provide only one QR code. I assume that "not used for travel" means that the QR code is not valid at borders. It should still be good at businesses across the EU, but I haven't yet seen it tested.
I will know in ten days when I get there. However, it states it is only good in Belgium. So much confusion around this issue.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:04 pm

I will know in ten days when I get there. However, it states it is only good in Belgium. So much confusion around this issue.
Have you tried to scan the BE QR code into another country's app? The AntiCovid app from France is fairly simple and straightforward. Attempt to scan the QR with that app and see what the French pass says about expiration dates and validity. You could also try CovPass (DE) or Covid Cert (CH). Any of these passes would be accepted all over Europe.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:29 am
Original Poster

A friend just spent two days in Amsterdam and she never had to do anything but show her CDC card to get into museums and restaurants.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Probbaly more luck that anything else - most museums didn't require a test anyway as they were restricting entry.

Rules changed today so check carefully before travel

See here for example (other articles also available on the Dutch News Website)

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/1...us-cases-soar/
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:41 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
You are aware that since today, the country is in a partial lockdown for the next 3 weeks ?
Everything will close at 18h (20h for essential shops, bars and restaurants), people advise to work and stay at home, no public events, sporting events without public.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Probbaly more luck that anything else - most museums didn't require a test anyway as they were restricting entry.

Rules changed today so check carefully before travel

See here for example (other articles also available on the Dutch News Website)

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/1...us-cases-soar/
I hardly believe it was all luck. Let’s face it. The CDC card shows vaccination status and that is what they are looking for.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
You are aware that since today, the country is in a partial lockdown for the next 3 weeks ?
Everything will close at 18h (20h for essential shops, bars and restaurants), people advise to work and stay at home, no public events, sporting events without public.
Yes, well, will have to finish dinner by 20:00 H, LOL
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
My trip isn't until next Summer but this is just so confusing and everywhere has contradictory information. Is there virtually zero chance of CDC card being allowed for restaurants and museums - or is this just for this ridiculous "lockdown" period? They may as well tell Americans to not come explicitly then.

Why is there not an option to digitize online?
The Switzerland website requires you provide a Swiss address. France no longer accepting online applications. Is there any way an American can get what's required for NL before travel at all? Or even during the trip?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.