Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Good Kyiv neighbourhood (Airbnb/hotel) for short stopover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

Due to flight timings / PCR test practicalities, I'm going to have a couple of nights stopover in Kyiv this weekend, as part of a journey to Kazakhstan. I'm going to need to travel to/from the airport multiple times (arrival, later PCR tests, departure) so plan to find a place on the KBP side of Kyiv but within reach of the central parts of the city too.

I'm looking at Darnytskyi district as its on the right side of city for me and I can see a bunch of near-identical studio apartment Airbnbs that look OK by Vyrlytsia metro station. I'd prefer a proper one-bed apartment (my wife and I will need to sit down and work a bit while we're there) but it could work. I prefer Airbnbs to hotels, even for short stops.

Does anyone know Kyiv and can give me a steer? Is there a better location than Darnytskyi district for being close to KBP airport? I spend a bit of time in Kazakhstan so CIS concrete-block suburbs are fine with me and my wife speaks Russian so we can get around just fine.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Can you not do PCR tests in the center?

Everything on the left bank (east side) of Dnipro is bedroom communities - not much to see.

Personally, even if I have to go to the airport, I'd rather stay somewhere in the center (uber is not that expensive), and lose an hour to go back and forth to the airport once.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:17 am

Uber is very cheap and easy in Kyiv. It's a short ~30 minute ride into the city center, vs. about 15 minutes to Darnystki. If it's your first time to Kyiv, I would not stay in Darnystski - it's just apartment buildings and shopping centers. There is so much construction out there for new apartment highrises that you may hear it during your work too, so be advised of that.

As Palal noted, there are testing sites in the city center and should be easy enough to find with a quick google search. I would say anywhere in the city center, relatively close to Kreshchatyk (the main street in the city). We had a fantastic 2 bedroom apartment right overlooking independence square. That puts you walking distance to everything you want to see and tons of restaurants and bars. Again, Uber is super cheap (and assuming you're British, even cheaper for you than it was for me as an American). The things you need to double check for with Airbnb's in Kyiv is

1) Does it have an elevator, 2) tons of them are run by realty companies, so make sure you can get the key right at the apartment and do not have to go to an office, which can be a ways away, and 3) does it have an A/C unit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.