Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ukraine entry for vaccinated US residents

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Ukraine entry for vaccinated US residents

Now that Ukraine should be letting in vaccinated travelers from anywhere - has anyone actually entered the country with the CDC vaccination card? Looking for any reports.
andrewk829 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Not a popular direction, sounds like
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Subbing in as I am headed there later this year. It seems that a negative PCR OR proof of vax is required, but it would be nice if we could find out exactly what the Ukraine (and all the other European counties) will actually want from US residents.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold
I'm also interested in this question.

I'm based in the UK, so I checked the foreign travel advice from here. It said:

Ukraine’s State Border Service has said that the document confirming vaccination can be in digital or paper form and must contain:
  • the full name and surname, date of birth, gender, citizenship, passport or ID card number, and signature of the recipient of the vaccine;
  • the name of the vaccine, date of administration, name of the producer and serial number;
  • the name of the illness against which the person is vaccinated
  • the signature and stamp of doctor who carried out the vaccination.
Demonstrating your vaccination status from the UK is not formalised for entry into Ukraine, so you should follow alternative advice for entry into Ukraine.
Source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

I phoned a Ukraine border police number and asked them about this. They confirmed the "vaccination certificate" would need to have my passport number (which UK vaccine documents don't have) so they recommended I take a rapid/antigen test and show that instead. To me, it looks like Ukraine have specifically targeted the information shown on Ukranian vaccine certificates with the effect that people vaccinated in Ukraine are likely to be the only people who can match the requirements to enter Ukraine this way. But if anyone experiences otherwise, I'd be happy to know!
LETTERBOY and Annerk like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by itfcfan
I'm also interested in this question.

I'm based in the UK, so I checked the foreign travel advice from here. It said:

Source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

I phoned a Ukraine border police number and asked them about this. They confirmed the "vaccination certificate" would need to have my passport number (which UK vaccine documents don't have) so they recommended I take a rapid/antigen test and show that instead. To me, it looks like Ukraine have specifically targeted the information shown on Ukranian vaccine certificates with the effect that people vaccinated in Ukraine are likely to be the only people who can match the requirements to enter Ukraine this way. But if anyone experiences otherwise, I'd be happy to know!
Thanks! We're planning on getting a PCR test the day before we leave. We've got five months, so hopefully things will have calmed down and they won't require it any longer.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
I'll be entering Ukraine July 9. I had been hoping that proof of vaccination could be substituted for a COVID test. When that happened a few weeks ago, I was excited, only to be disappointed again when I read the requirements for the documentation, which if followed would mean the American CDC vaccination card would not suffice. I suppose I'll just do the PCR test the day before departure unless there is reliable guidance before then that the CDC card will be enough.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

That's unfortunate. Do they have the same requirements for the COVID test certificate? (i.e. having the passport number/gender/other extra data that is not commonly included in the results here in the US)?
At least they seem to accept the rapid antigen test.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andrewk829
I'll be entering Ukraine July 9. I had been hoping that proof of vaccination could be substituted for a COVID test. When that happened a few weeks ago, I was excited, only to be disappointed again when I read the requirements for the documentation, which if followed would mean the American CDC vaccination card would not suffice. I suppose I'll just do the PCR test the day before departure unless there is reliable guidance before then that the CDC card will be enough.
Following. We are arriving a few weeks later, so will be very interested in your experience.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok, re-reading the requirements, it sounds very much like the "International Certificate of Vaccination & Profilaxis" ("Yellow Book"), which is normally used for other require vaccines.
I saw a post elsewhere here where someone actually got their local health department to issue one with the record of COVID vaccinations.

Unfortunately, our local health department won't do that (at least right now), but if you can find a local agency (or a doctor) willing to sign one, that may be sufficient.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:12 am

Following too.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Contacted visitukraine.today. According to them, despite the official border guard requirements, US CDC cards will be accepted "at the border". However, they cannot guarantee that the airline will accept them too. Not the most promising response.
andrewk829 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Bump - hoping for anyone with a first hand experience.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

The web site of the US embassy in Ukraine now also states that "CDC card is an acceptable proof of vaccination". Good to see (but still want to hear from someone who actually travelled)
mcgahat and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:02 pm

Any data points on the health insurance requirement specifically from a Ukrainian company /provider? Is it required at land border crossings? (Poland to Ukraine by land border) and is a PCR test required when crossing a land border into Ukraine?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold
I posted further up the thread when I was planning my trip - it's a bit late, but I'll share my experience at the border entering Ukraine (and flying UIA from LGW to KBP). I'm a UK citizen - I entered Ukraine on 26th June.

On check-in with UIA at LGW they wanted to see my negative covid test and my health insurance. Instead of negative covid test I showed them my (UK) covid vaccination certificate which includes lots of details but not a passport number or anything else passport related (as the UK covid certificate is not linked to passport details). They tried to find out if this was OK but the response from their supervisor was negative. I already had a rapid test done so I showed them that and after reading through the details (this was a private test and the test certificate they gave me included my passport number as I supplied to them, etc) and that was fine. They also checked my health insurance (I used the ~$2 option available as part of the checkout on flyuia.com) - I had to point out to them the part that reference covid cover in the policy but after that they were fine.

On arrival at KBP I showed the same two documents (rapid test and health insurance) at the immigration desk. They were particuarly keen to see the insurance. But a quick glace and that was it. Passport stamped and I was through. I didn't want to complicate things by showing my vaccination certificate too (it'd caused enough confusion and time wasted at check-in in LGW) so I can't be 100% sure about that, but I wouldn't risk flying with only a vaccination certificate that doesn't have passport details included when entering Ukraine right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.