Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid testing Iceland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Covid testing Iceland

Hi there - I am thinking of going to Iceland - leaving the USA on July 6 (arr Iceland July 7) and returning to the USA on July 10. We are vaccinated - but I understand that a covid test is done at the airport FOC. Can I use this result for the return journey to the USA since it is 3 calendar days before July 10? Thanks for any insight.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:30 pm

The clock is a genuine 24 hours, not just in terms of days. Unless your flight is super early in the morning on the 10th, you'd technically pass the 72 hour mark. So no, it likely will not be valid.

All of my experiences with coming back to the US is that it's very relaxed and they really just look to make sure you have a negative test and that it matches your passport name etc. With that said, they could deny you boarding in theory, so better to get one that is not cutting it so close.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pstm91
The clock is a genuine 24 hours, not just in terms of days. Unless your flight is super early in the morning on the 10th, you'd technically pass the 72 hour mark. So no, it likely will not be valid.

All of my experiences with coming back to the US is that it's very relaxed and they really just look to make sure you have a negative test and that it matches your passport name etc. With that said, they could deny you boarding in theory, so better to get one that is not cutting it so close.

I think it is 3 calendar days, not 72 hours:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra..._US_Entry.html
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:06 am

I stand corrected. I swear it was 72 hours at one point because I had the same concern for a trip a little over a month ago - I guess it's changed. You should be fine but you're still cutting it close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.