Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SiPi
Group of unrelated individuals traveling in one party would eacv need their own PLF?
Yes
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Group of unrelated individuals traveling in one party would eacv need their own PLF?
The only thing they checked for us was that we each had a vax card and that our PLF had a QR code for each of us. I do not think they are quibbling over the difference between households and families and groups of people travelling together.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:30 pm

I read the last page of this thread.
A: Wondering if there might be any added liability or risks for larger groups traveling together for leisure Nonstop NY to Greece? (not all travelers will be vaccinated) travelers are US, UK and CA nationals, ehich I understand all have the same status as far as entry is concerned.

B: Also, if traveling onward ATH to SKG same day of arrival (separate ticket, NY to ATH is on UA, ATH to SKG is on Aegean) can travelers use same pcr test result if still within 72 hour window?
C: Lastly, is it sufficient to show proof of return trip from any EU country (group plans to return from Ukraine) or must show entire itinerary, including how they'd get to final city of departure ?
And if return is on a different airline/ticket?
tia.

Last edited by SiPi; Jun 6, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
A: Wondering if there might be any added liability or risks for larger groups traveling together for leisure Nonstop NY to Greece? (not all travelers will be vaccinated) travelers are US, UK and CA nationals, ehich I understand all have the same status as far as entry is concerned.

B: Also, if traveling onward ATH to SKG same day of arrival (separate ticket, NY to ATH is on UA, ATH to SKG is on Aegean) can travelers use same pcr test result if still within 72 hour window?
C: Lastly, is it sufficient to show proof of return trip from any EU country (group plans to return from Ukraine) or must show entire itinerary, including how they'd get to final city of departure ?
tia.
A: No difference, added liability or risks. You can all enter as long as you are vaccinated (last shot at least 14 days prior to travel to Greece) or have a PCR test done < 72 hours before arrival in Greece.
B. Yes, as long as the PCR test is <72 prior to the scheduled time of departure of your domestic Greek flight
C. Ukraine is not in the EU/Schengen, so it's irrelevant for the Greeks as well as for any US check-in agent that you are flying from Ukraine to the US. They would rather be more interested in proof of a ticket out of Greece and the Schengen Zone, so that would be a ticket Greece>Ukraine. If you don't have tickets yet (eg. when making a long tour across Eastern Europe by bus/train) then they might ask for your itinerary and perhaps some other proof (hotel bookings, flight ticket back to the US at the end of it) if you happen to come across an over-inquisitive agent. None of it may be needed in the end, but I would always err on the side of caution and prepare as much documentation as you can possible get, especially when embarking on a longer, more complicated trip which might not be obvious to understand for your average check-in agent or border guard.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Curfew

Hi,

is the curfew still in place in the Greek islands such as Santorini/Mykonos/Naxos?

thank you
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by zip10001
Hi,

is the curfew still in place in the Greek islands such as Santorini/Mykonos/Naxos?

thank you
We just returned from Naxos and Santorini; there was no curfew AFAIK.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:59 am
bdb

No curfew in Mykonos. Fireworks at night too.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold

tia.
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
A: No difference, added liability or risks. You can all enter as long as you are vaccinated (last shot at least 14 days prior to travel to Greece) or have a PCR test done < 72 hours before arrival in Greece.
B. Yes, as long as the PCR test is <72 prior to the scheduled time of departure of your domestic Greek flight
C. Ukraine is not in the EU/Schengen, so it's irrelevant for the Greeks as well as for any US check-in agent that you are flying from Ukraine to the US. They would rather be more interested in proof of a ticket out of Greece and the Schengen Zone, so that would be a ticket Greece>Ukraine. If you don't have tickets yet (eg. when making a long tour across Eastern Europe by bus/train) then they might ask for your itinerary and perhaps some other proof (hotel bookings, flight ticket back to the US at the end of it) if you happen to come across an over-inquisitive agent. None of it may be needed in the end, but I would always err on the side of caution and prepare as much documentation as you can possible get, especially when embarking on a longer, more complicated trip which might not be obvious to understand for your average check-in agent or border guard.

Does vaccination status get it done for intra-Greece flights?

Or is it just for entry and then you need a PCR to fly/boat within the country??
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The curfew is still in effect nationally until 12:30 am, and it will likely move to 1:30am soon, with an eye on dropping it completely later...It looks very likely that music will also be allowed back in bars and restaurants starting this weekend, June 12, but it is not confirmed yet (probably will be confirmed tomorrow)

The situation on the ground may already be different though, with rules not being followed much or being very lax, but this is what the legislation is.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm

Or is it just for entry and then you need a PCR to fly/boat within the country??
We ferried Santorini to Mykonos and took a Aegean flight Mykonos to Athens and no one asked for anything.
dergon darkhelm likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:36 pm
bdb

Yeah. I didnt have all the info. Technically Mykonos curfew is midnight and no music allowed. But theres been music in my hotel. But not at the beaches. But I didnt have a frame of reference. Because first time here. Felt like normal beaches to me.

planes are landing with 30 people on them according to the taxi driver last night.

also walking around Mykonos village last night mask usage was about 5%. And there isnt distancing between tables lined you would expect in the US. Being vaccinated we dont worry too much. But others might.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:11 pm
bdb

Ferry from Mykonos to Athens today. No forms needed. Ferry was late arriving so everyone jammed in.

high mask usage around momastiriki square. Also so much cheaper than the islands.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm

Vaccination status will work perfectly fine too for intra-Greek flights and ferries.

Note that this is only needed when flying/taking a ferry from the mainland TO the islands, not from the islands back to the mainland/between the islands.

Originally Posted by bdb
Ferry from Mykonos to Athens today. No forms needed. Ferry was late arriving so everyone jammed in.

high mask usage around momastiriki square. Also so much cheaper than the islands.
Depends on which island! Can't really generalise. If it's Mykonos then yes, Athens will be a lot cheaper, but that's mainly because Mykonos is horribly priced and has one of the worst price-quality ratio not only in Greece but perhaps the entire of Europe.

Can't wrap my head why so many people are dead set on visiting that island unless the reason is 'jetset-style/hedonistic partying', as there are so many more beautiful islands in Greece with better service, better food, better prices, more friendly people, but just my 2 cents hope you had a great time in Greece!
sapman986 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
...{snip}... Can't wrap my head why so many people are dead set on visiting that island unless the reason is 'jetset-style/hedonistic partying', as there are so many more beautiful islands in Greece with better service, better food, better prices, more friendly people, but just my 2 cents hope you had a great time in Greece!
Having visited more than Greek 40 islands (including a handful of uninhabited ones ) I fully and unconditionally agree with what Romanianflyer stated about Mykonos; 1000% correct!
sapman986 and Romanianflyer like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KLouis
Having visited more than Greek 40 islands (including a handful of uninhabited ones ) I fully and unconditionally agree with what Romanianflyer stated about Mykonos; 1000% correct!
I visited Mykonos as a child in 1967.....there were only a few hotels in town ( none anywhere else on the island) and Petros the pelican was the original one. We stayed at the fanciest hotel owed by a elderly Greek woman named Sophia on the left side of the harbor.. ( That is all I remember) .
Romanianflyer and nk15 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.