Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

What's Santorini like at present?

Old Jul 19, 20, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Saw some great deals on villas in Santorini. Five days costing what we paid for two nights before! Self catering, with own pool so little risk of many other people.

Is anyone considering a trip to Santorini over this summer? We are thinking of going in the next fortnight or so.
Old Jul 19, 20, 10:07 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
No idea about Santorini but expect much lower crowds than during normal summer. Hoteliers I spoke to so far on different Greek islands all said July had around 10-15% of normal summer occupancy at best, with August so far at around 25% in bookings.

Might be the one and only chance to visit Santorini in summer without the normal crowds plaguing the island - especially as cruises are currently still halted.
Old Jul 19, 20, 6:54 pm

Given that most, if not all cruises have been cancelled, this may be a unique opportunity to visit Santorini without thousands of additional, day-only tourists clogging up the streets of the towns. Consider it a "good by-product" of the awful pandemic, go for it!
Old Jul 20, 20, 3:36 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
It looks gorgeous from the pictures of my friends. As KLouis said, I think this summer is the best ever time to go to Santorini.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: