Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There is probably gonna be an outbreak in Mykonos soon....
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by nk15
There is probably gonna be an outbreak in Mykonos soon....
there probably is one already, but most ppl in Mykonos are young so aren’t showing symptoms and they are not proactively testing anyone there (except some tourists and alemagou) Let’s see what happens. Alemagou is one of the most popular clubs in the island! It’s closed now but was packed the previous days!

but it’s not just Mykonos, it’s everywhere in GR
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
They just did a local lockdown in Poros. Not really the most touristic place but still worth noting
Old Aug 9, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
It's 1.5 hours before my flight LHR-ATH and still no QR code. Granted, we land at 2:20am and I THINK the QR codes are sent at midnight before the arrival day, so hopefully will receive it while in flight. I do have the confirmation email though.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
It's 1.5 hours before my flight LHR-ATH and still no QR code. Granted, we land at 2:20am and I THINK the QR codes are sent at midnight before the arrival day, so hopefully will receive it while in flight. I do have the confirmation email though.
Received at 12:06am. Starts with a 7. Let me get my nose ready! No surprise as I'm comg from the US.

Correction. Throat swab, not nose. Was first off the flight, and at 2am there was no queue. Very efficient. Scan of the QR code, said ahhhh, and was done.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by justforfun; Aug 9, 2020 at 5:19 pm
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by justforfun
Scan of the QR code, said ahhhh, and was done.
Do you mean a real scan with a QR code reader - or a visual scan with the eye ?
The former would be a novelty...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Do you mean a real scan with a QR code reader - or a visual scan with the eye ?
The former would be a novelty...
Both. First was a visual scan in order to direct you the proper way, test vs no test. Then a real scan to get your info for the test.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:02 am

At ATH 2 big fireman waiting at the entrance to immigration. I think they basically check your first number and direct you to the testers or immigration. I had a 7 and was tested. Only a family of 4 in front of me, one being tested, took an extra 3 mins than going straight to immigration. Say aaaah
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Obviously all speculative; but do people suspect that Greece will halt arrivals from The UK if our rates continue to rise? Have a trip to Corfu on the 21 Sep - which I'm starting to worry about!
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Obviously all speculative; but do people suspect that Greece will halt arrivals from The UK if our rates continue to rise? Have a trip to Corfu on the 21 Sep - which I'm starting to worry about!
The way they have handled previous covid-19 increases for EU countries was to institute required negative tests before boarding, which is no less complicated...
londonba2014 likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 7, 2020 at 5:55 am
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:36 am

Obviously all speculative; but do people suspect that Greece will halt arrivals from The UK if our rates continue to rise?
I think the worst-case scenario is they could require a negative RT-PCR test result taken no earlier than 72h before the time of entry to Greece. So far such changes were usually announced with a couple days' notice but people arriving in the transitional period were more likely to be tested on arrival. I wouldn't expect a complete ban though.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks both! Good to know. Anyone know if NHS tests within 72hrs are acceptable if that’s the case?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They usually give 5-7 days notice of any such changes...
Old Sep 7, 2020, 6:43 am

Thanks both! Good to know. Anyone know if NHS tests within 72hrs are acceptable if that’s the case?
So far the requirements are that it must: (1) be issued by a national or nationally-accredited lab (if private) - this is somewhat ambiguous but NHS definitely qualifies, (2) be written in English, and (3) state your passport # (or national ID # where applicable).

Should be fine then as long as it states your passport #.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
For anyone curious - The PLF is now generated on-the-fly when you submit the details. No more waiting until midnight.

Just did my application and got code starting with 91. Not sure if that is a good sign..
ProleOnParole likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.