Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by romans
it’s Thursday 11:39 and fiance still doesn’t have result from testing (tested on Monday around 9:30 in Rho airport)
He is fine, in the US it takes on average 14 days to get the results in some places, even 18 days, you will be dead and buried a whole week before the results come back.
romans likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
The protocols have changed by the way, even if you get tested you do not have to self isolate anymore, you can do as you please, and they will only call you if you test positive. For a negative test, you will not be contacted.

​​​​​​https://travel.gov.gr/#/
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
The protocols have changed by the way, even if you get tested you do not have to self isolate anymore, you can do as you please, and they will only call you if you test positive. For a negative test, you will not be contacted.

​​​​​​https://travel.gov.gr/#/
hmm not sure if this is way forward...
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it’s Thursday 11:39 and fiance still doesn’t have result from testing (tested on Monday around 9:30 in Rho airport)
How long did the wait for the testing and actual testing take, any rough estimates? I need to book transportation from the airport (ATH) in advance and need some estimates.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:38 am

hmm not sure if this is way forward...
So don't expect a result of the test from anyone.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by nk15
How long did the wait for the testing and actual testing take, any rough estimates? I need to book transportation from the airport (ATH) in advance and need some estimates.
we have been tested in Rho (10min altogether) so dunno how is it in Ath
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Folks, those of you who follow the Aegean forum will certainly remember a similar "numerology" thread a few years back concerning a number printed on the letter (or envelope) received from M+B with the new gold card. I may remind the born-again numerologists that, back then, after lots of posts, the conclusion of that story was that the number was meaningless.
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Arrived yesterday evening after 2200 from FRA, PLF ending in 06.

there was a queue for testing (some pax that looked coming from outside EU territory) but they did not stop me - they did not even check the code only saw that I have one
I heard from reliable sources that it's not the end numbers of the PLF which matter (as assumed here) but the first!

1 = tested (if tests still available)
2 = not tested
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I heard from reliable sources that it's not the end numbers of the PLF which matter (as assumed here) but the first!

1 = tested
2 = not tested
yes it can be true, true for us (me not, fiance yes)
Old Jul 19, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Possibly silly question re the form. It lets you list your travel companions. Does that mean those people don't need to fill in their own form, or does everyone need to fill one in anyway?

TIA!

ETA: an earlier traveller says it is indeed one form per family.

Last edited by boutela; Jul 19, 2020 at 8:40 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer

1 = tested (if tests still available)
2 = not tested
People on another forum I follow are saying they were tested with a #2 .
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
yes it can be true, true for us (me not, fiance yes)
Originally Posted by david55
People on another forum I follow are saying they were tested with a #2 .
Hmm it seemed true for myself and the people I checked - and the source (within Greek aviation) is someone who I trust.

Maybe they change codes every few days perhaps if those people on the other forum are right? Or maybe that was an unique situation in which all people on the plane are tested with sample testing being dropped for the occasion? (which did happened before a few times)

I'm still curious as there must be a system some way or the other.
nk15 and romans like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
1 for swabbing, 2 free to go appears correct. This morning in ATH I had 1 and was sent for testing, my partner had 2 and was sent straight to passport control. Medic said they would contact me within 24 hrs only if +ve. They don’t inform you if -ve.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by palcsaky
1 for swabbing, 2 free to go appears correct. This morning in ATH I had 1 and was sent for testing, my partner had 2 and was sent straight to passport control. Medic said they would contact me within 24 hrs only if +ve. They don’t inform you if -ve.
So it's random then as you are both flying from the same area? I guess they just test 'at risk' people randomly as they do not have enough tests.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palcsaky
How long did the wait+ testing take? Was the swabbing through the mouth or nose?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by kiez
I am due to fly to Athens from Zurich on Friday
I filled the new PLF (Passenger Locator Form) online yesterday. However I only got an e-mail that they will be in touch shortly but no QR code.

Still nothing received today.

has anyone already received their QR code? How long did it take
I have read that you should receive an e-mail with your QR code on the morning of your flight. Hope this helps
ahmetdouas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.