Search

Conditions to enter Greece as of June 15

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
And all of above in a bit more detail in Greek quality daily Kathimerini:

https://www.ekathimerini.com/253248/...om-all-nations
Old May 30, 2020, 6:12 pm

Here's the announcement from the ministry: https://www.mfa.gr/en/current-affair...the-world.html
BTW, they should update their NOTAM.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:38 am

In post #40 in another thread (here) fellow FTer Knobbgb posted the official announcement of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs concerning these issues. No more rumours to discuss...
Old May 31, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
In post #40 in another thread (here) fellow FTer Knobbgb posted the official announcement of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs concerning these issues. No more rumours to discuss...
That document still leaves a lot that is vague. Still no clarity on anyone from outside the listed countries for after July 1st. I guess you can roll the dice and hope you don't get picked for "random" testing. I had planned on taking a ferry out that evening, so having to wait 24 hours or whatever would scuttle that plan.

"Phase 3 – 1 July onwards
International flights are allowed into all airports in Greece.
Visitors are subject to random tests upon arrival.
Additional restrictions regarding certain countries will be announced at a later date.

Q: What will change on 1 July 2020?
A: All travelers will be subject to random tests upon arrival. Additional restrictions regarding certain countries will be announced at a later date."
Old May 31, 2020, 10:16 am
Suspended

Greece can't have it both ways. Either there are no restrictions whatsoever for arrivals from certain airports OR there is no tourist season. No tourist in their right mind is going to 1) be to forced to be incarcerated for one or two weeks, and 2) gamble that the test does not show a (false) positive and be send right back or locked up.
A vacation if supposed to be something that is relaxing for most people, it should not be an ordeal.
the188 likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Greece can't have it both ways. Either there are no restrictions whatsoever for arrivals from certain airports OR there is no tourist season. No tourist in their right mind is going to 1) be to forced to be incarcerated for one or two weeks, and 2) gamble that the test does not show a (false) positive and be send right back or locked up.
A vacation if supposed to be something that is relaxing for most people, it should not be an ordeal.
Not to mention wearing gloves and face masks, and social distancing which is the antithesis of Greek hospitality.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
EasyJet just announced they will be flying their Amsterdam-Rhodes route again from July. I guess they know more than we do.
All flights up until the 18th of July are ''sold out''. Cannot imagine these are all sold out... (??)
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
EasyJet just announced they will be flying their Amsterdam-Rhodes route again from July. I guess they know more than we do.
All flights up until the 18th of July are ''sold out''. Cannot imagine these are all sold out... (??)
They might cancel flights later ... but in the meantime they will have your cash in hand, which they will not refund or take a year + to give you back. This is what many companies do : Aegean, Air France etc.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I love how these "clarifications" from the Greek government only make me more confused
justforfun likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Not the best start...........

12 passengers test positive for Covid on flight from Qatar to Athens.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/202...thens-airport/
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by david55
12 passengers test positive for Covid on flight from Qatar to Athens.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/202...thens-airport/
Is this an indication that a given route will always be shut down if there are any positive cases? Or are they only doing making this kind of move to be more conservative prior to 15 June? If it's the former, that would make their reopening a somewhat hollow gesture.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Is this an indication that a given route will always be shut down if there are any positive cases? Or are they only doing making this kind of move to be more conservative prior to 15 June? If it's the former, that would make their reopening a somewhat hollow gesture.
Also keep in mind is that the EASA list changes every few days. They just put out another update today. The airport might be clean today but not by the next update. That being said I already have my ticket book from before, so not much I can do besides wait and see (booking only lodging that is refundable to a few days prior), though at some point I will have to decide.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by the188
Also keep in mind is that the EASA list changes every few days. They just put out another update today. The airport might be clean today but not by the next update. That being said I already have my ticket book from before, so not much I can do besides wait and see (booking only lodging that is refundable to a few days prior), though at some point I will have to decide.
Seems like a mess. Good luck with your potential trip!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I am wondering how random tests will be conducted.
Imagine you arrive at Athens Airport from a let's says Germany.
Someone decides to test you.
OK.
Then what happens ? Do they take you for 24 hours to some hotels to wait for the results ?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I am wondering how random tests will be conducted.
Imagine you arrive at Athens Airport from a let's says Germany.
Someone decides to test you.
OK.
Then what happens ? Do they take you for 24 hours to some hotels to wait for the results ?
Yes, they take you to a hotel and you have to wait out the results (supposedly overnight). It is not clear if you still have to quarantine for 7 days even with a negative or if that is only if you come from an un-clean airport. We will get a better understanding after June 15. Granted they reserve the right to modify anything at any time so they are not doing a good job of reassuring potential tourists.
KATERGOO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.