Wiki Posts
Search

Cash or card in Croatia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:10 pm

deleted
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Split is wonderful but gets more and more touristy every year. I’ve used a card at every restaurant I wanted to. Cash at smaller places.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:53 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe it explains why I don’t have any Croatian money left except for some loose coins mixed in with coins that have been demonetized.
No Croatian coins have been demonetized, unless you mean coins from the 1940s Independent State of Croatia, or Yugoslavia (or demonetized coins from other countries).

Every fixed establishment I have been to in Croatia accepted cards. Even some airport bus drivers had card readers.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by :D!
No Croatian coins have been demonetized, unless you mean coins from the 1940s Independent State of Croatia, or Yugoslavia (or demonetized coins from other countries).

Every fixed establishment I have been to in Croatia accepted cards. Even some airport bus drivers had card readers.
I am talking about my Croatian coins being mixed in with a bunch of coins that have been demonetized. The latter being from all sorts of places.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: NA
Just always have some cash on you going to that part of Europe. They do accept cards, but outages or internet downtimes are common. Make sure also not to leave your card unattended and taken behind in Balkan countries.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jentheman
Just always have some cash on you going to that part of Europe. They do accept cards, but outages or internet downtimes are common. Make sure also not to leave your card unattended and taken behind in Balkan countries.
Generally good advice all around, and always smart to pay attention in countries you aren't familiar with. Just to mention it though, my experience in Croatia, in terms of outages and scams, was much more similar to Western European countries than to some of the Central and Eastern countries I've visited (I'm looking at you Prague). I was mainly in Split, Dubrovnik, and the islands so it's a small sample but payments were always processed in front of me and I was never even so much as short-changed, which is what I've found to be common in some other areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.