Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Lodging for midnight arrival near ATH

Old Jan 13, 20, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold - ooooh! DL Silver - ahhhhh!

Iím looking at an overnight layover (single PNR) and wonder if anyone has advice for lodging near ATH that is less than US$100/night?

A search of hotel booking sites shows places within a few miles of ATH that are in my price range - I just donít know whether getting to them, and especially looking to check in after midnight, is doable.

Iíd be arriving from a non-Schengen country at ca. 11:00 pm (23h00), which would seem to present difficulties regarding a B&B (I would guess) or apartment or AirBnB that late (I am pretty much positive). Would hotels have issues with such a late check-in?

I need a non-smoking room to boot, which might make things even more complicated.

The airport hotels Iím aware of are out of my price range.

(My continuing flight the next morning would not be until nearly noon, so much less problematic on that side.)

Thanks for your help. (I debated whether to post this in the Aegean forum, but since itís not A3-related I figured I should post here. Would I get more replies there?)
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:28 am

Cabs are cheap in Greece. Lookup a hotel in your price range and call them before booking for the possibility of late check-in (or even, perhaps, a transfer).

PS You seem to prefer arriving at cities around midnight (see your post in the Italy forum)
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Try the Holiday Inn Athens Airport.

It has a 24 hour airport shuttle and IHG guarantees your smoking/non-smoking preference.
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
PS You seem to prefer arriving at cities around midnight (see your post in the Italy forum)
Ha! Itís not that I prefer a midnight arrival - itís that many of the options for the routing I need include late-arrival overnights. Besides FCO and ATH thereís also CDG (even later arrival - 1-2 am) and LHR (decent arrival time, but offset by early morning departure).

Thanks for the advice re: cabs!
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
Try the Holiday Inn Athens Airport.

It has a 24 hour airport shuttle and IHG guarantees your smoking/non-smoking preference.
Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:59 pm

The HI at ATH is a) about ~15 km away on a toll road (think tax!), b) the shuttle runs every hour on the hour from the airport (imagine arriving at the stop 5 minutes later) and c) it is definitely more expensive: right now, cheapest room on sale is ~140€, usually 160€.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
The HI at ATH is a) about ~15 km away on a toll road (think tax!), b) the shuttle runs every hour on the hour from the airport (imagine arriving at the stop 5 minutes later) and c) it is definitely more expensive: right now, cheapest room on sale is ~140Ä, usually 160Ä.
Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: