Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Refused Entry into UK - Will it affect my Europe travels ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone
5 Years ago , i was denied entry to the UK, i was planning to travel to the US by making a stopover in London, but i was forced to change airport from gatwick to Heathrow to take my next flight to Houston, Texas , but i was denied entry and sent back to my home country the next day , they said you need a transit visa to transit through UK airport even having a valid US Visa, so recently Naturalized US Citizen, i am wondering if this denial of entry will affect my future Trips to europe

please guys if anyone had that kind of experience please share it with us
thanks
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Elias2018
Hi Everyone
5 Years ago , i was denied entry to the UK, i was planning to travel to the US by making a stopover in London, but i was forced to change airport from gatwick to Heathrow to take my next flight to Houston, Texas , but i was denied entry and sent back to my home country the next day , they said you need a transit visa to transit through UK airport even having a valid US Visa, so recently Naturalized US Citizen, i am wondering if this denial of entry will affect my future Trips to europe

thanks
The Schengen zone won’t generally make an issue of this kind of thing unless you are within a narrower subset of people blacklisted from entering the UK for reasons that also prejudice your ability to enter the European Schengen zone.

Most people in the kind or situation as you mention — that of becoming a naturalized US citizen and having a US passport now — would be able to use their US passport to visit the EU and Schengen areas — including the UK/Ireland Common Travel Area — even if they had been turned around from entry attempt to the UK previously using a passport of a sort needing a transit visa for the UK.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hi Everyone

thanks
It is not possible to answer your question without knowing the reason for your entry denial in the UK and your citizenship at the time.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It is not possible to answer your question without knowing the reason for your entry denial in the UK and your citizenship at the time.
Has the OP not already indicated that? He needed a transit visa to change airports and did not have one.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB
Has the OP not already indicated that? He needed a transit visa to change airports and did not have one.
Perhaps there is more to it than that. Why didn't he get one? Did he simply not know, or forget, or did he suspect a refusal?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Hi to answer your question , I had an immigrant US Visa , and then you have a right to transit for 24 Hours in the UK Without holding a il transit visa ,
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Hi to answer your question , I had an immigrant US Visa , and then you have a right to transit for 24 Hours in the UK Without holding a il transit visa ,
You had a right to transit in the UK, not enter as you needed to do to travel from LHR to LGW. So you were denied entry to the UK because your citizenship required it and you did not apply beforehand. It still leaves open the question of your citizenship.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=LondonElite;31825199]You had a right to transit in the UK, not enter as you needed to do to travel from LHR to LGW. So you were denied entry to the UK because your citizenship required it and you did not apply beforehand. It still leaves open the question of your citizenship

i my citizenship require visa to enter the UK however in their website they said if you are holder of US, Canada New Zealand visa or resident permit, you may be able to transit for 24 Hours and going through UK immigration border control without having a 🇬🇧 visa
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

I can't comfortably answer your original question without knowing your citizenship. I assume you will have to apply for a Schengen visa or are you a US citizen now? If you are a US citizen you'll get a Schengen visa on arrival and you shouldn't have to worry about anything. As for the past, I suspect your transit visa didn't allow entry into the UK, but that seems immaterial now.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

I can't comfortably answer your original question without knowing your citizenship. I assume you will have to apply for a Schengen visa or are you a US citizen now? If you are a US citizen you'll get a Schengen visa on arrival and you shouldn't have to worry about anything. As for the past, I suspect your transit visa didn't allow entry into the UK, but that seems immaterial now.
thanks for your answers and advices guys I really appreciate it , yes now I am a us citizen but always I am wondering if will affect my future trip to Europe
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
You had a right to transit in the UK, not enter as you needed to do to travel from LHR to LGW. So you were denied entry to the UK because your citizenship required it and you did not apply beforehand. It still leaves open the question of your citizenship
i my citizenship require visa to enter the UK however in their website they said if you are holder of US, Canada New Zealand visa or resident permit, you may be able to transit for 24 Hours and going through UK immigration border control without having a 🇬🇧 visa
That was for transits where you don’t leave the airport. In order to do a transit that required entry into the UK, you needed a UK visa at the time when using that non-US passport.

With a US passport now, you will be fine with visiting the UK and Europe in general. Enjoy your travels to Europe on your US passport.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That was for transits where you don’t leave the airport. In order to do a transit that required entry into the UK, you needed a visa at the time when using that non-US passport. With a US passport now, you will be fine with visiting the UK and Europe in general. Enjoy your travels to Europe on your US passport.
thanks for your advices , the reason why I posted my concern , is because they put a stamp on my previous passport with a cross Mark

thank you
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended

thanks for your advices , the reason why I posted my concern , is because they put a stamp on my previous passport with a cross Mark

thank you
But you would never show the passport of this mysterious country you're not willing to name because you now hold a US passport which does not require a visa in advance for Schengen travel, so where is the worry?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But you would never show the passport of this mysterious country you're not willing to name because you now hold a US passport which does not require a visa in advance for Schengen travel, so where is the worry?
It should not matter anyway given that even for nationalities that require a visa for direct airside transit, those nationalities are nonetheless normally allowed to transit without visa (even a landside transit) if they have a valid US (or Canada/Australia/NZ) visa and are on a through ticket and the US-bound flight that leaves no later than the day after arrival in London so it is something of a mystery why the OP was not let through at the time (unless the immigration officer doubted for some unknown reason that the OP would continue his trip to the US). Be that as it may, it does sound moot at this stage.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB
It should not matter anyway given that even for nationalities that require a visa for direct airside transit, those nationalities are nonetheless normally allowed to transit without visa (even a landside transit) if they have a valid US (or Canada/Australia/NZ) visa and are on a through ticket and the US-bound flight that leaves no later than the day after arrival in London so it is something of a mystery why the OP was not let through at the time (unless the immigration officer doubted for some unknown reason that the OP would continue his trip to the US). Be that as it may, it does sound moot at this stage.
Do those transit visas permit entry into the UK to allow the OP to complete the journey from LHR to LGW? I didn't think so. That was the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.