Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AIr Bnb Ronda Sant Pere

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

AIr Bnb Ronda Sant Pere

When our other AirBnb in the El Raval cancelled I found one on Ronda Sant Pere close to Uruquina(sp) Metro station a minute walk. 750 meters to Plaza Catalyuna, 10 minute walk to the Picasso and a few blocks off the La Rambla. With regards to this location is this better than El Raval?

I know some reviews are not good but then again they could be travelers who expect too much. Your opinion is most appreciated.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2987107...xFv4%2F%2Fe%2F

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
First, this should probably be in the Spain forum.

Second, the definition of "better" depends on what you want. It puts you in the middle of the tourist areas. Depending on what street it's on, it could be pretty busy or it could be quieter. On one side you have El Born, El Raval, Barceloneta, etc. On the other you have the Eixample and Gracia neighborhoods. It's very easy to get around using the metro from the location you're considering. You can walk to El Raval in less than 10 minutes (don't know exactly where the AirBnB is) or take 1-2 metro stops.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay outside of El Raval and the Gothic quarter. We stayed in Eixample last month, and thought it was just about the perfect location. But we look for good restaurants and care less about nightlife than some people. Our favorite neighborhoods to stay and hang out in the more touristy areas are Eixample and Gracia.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

The AirBnb is on Ronda San Pere a minute walk from Placa Uruquina metro. It seems like we're located on the right side of the Example.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by danielonn
The AirBnb is on Ronda San Pere a minute walk from Placa Uruquina metro. It seems like we're located on the right side of the Example.
Yes, you're kind of in between Eixample and El Raval. Honestly, as long as you're near a metro station somewhere in the central area, everything is nearby, either walking or riding. It's a matter of whether you want to stay in a quieter area vs. a rowdier area. I'd be completely satisfied with your location, I don't mind taking the metro to the action rather than having the action come to me!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
Your opinion is most appreciated.
Since you asked: don't rent a place through AirBnB (or similar) when visiting Barcelona. Stay in a hotel and leave the apartments for locals (or visitors who stay for longer periods).

Of course, if you want to be just another annoying tourist, go ahead an ignore this comment...
:D! likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koby
Since you asked: don't rent a place through AirBnB (or similar) when visiting Barcelona. Stay in a hotel and leave the apartments for locals (or visitors who stay for longer periods).

Of course, if you want to be just another annoying tourist, go ahead an ignore this comment...
We are not annoying tourists by any means. So you are the annoying FTer😁
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBord
Yes, you're kind of in between Eixample and El Raval. Honestly, as long as you're near a metro station somewhere in the central area, everything is nearby, either walking or riding. It's a matter of whether you want to stay in a quieter area vs. a rowdier area. I'd be completely satisfied with your location, I don't mind taking the metro to the action rather than having the action come to me!
Agreed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.