Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

shopping in central ZRH during layover

shopping in central ZRH during layover

Old Oct 30, 19, 12:05 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by bpratt View Post
La Cucina on Lagerstrasse. Agree, it's easy to reach, I'm just not sure if it's a trip I want to make at 10:30-11pm or just sleep at the airport Radisson and then do a roundtrip in the morning for shopping (my current leaning).
That's pretty much AT the HB. Europalle was built over an old part of the station. I'd do the trip in the morning. Looks interesting. I'll have to have a look one of these days.
Old Oct 30, 19, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

La Cucina on Lagerstrasse. Agree, it's easy to reach, I'm just not sure if it's a trip I want to make at 10:30-11pm or just sleep at the airport Radisson and then do a roundtrip in the morning for shopping (my current leaning).
I guess both ways can work, but if all I had was a carry-on, and the rates were the same Id probably sleep in the city. Least I oversleep and miss out on being able to go into the city. Needless to say if the rates were cheaper in the city that would seal the deal. If I was traveling with checked bags then a no brainer Id stay at The Rad

If you stay at The Rad do youplan on taking your carry-on with you or leaving it in the room and return to the room when you get back?

Last edited by craz; Oct 30, 19 at 8:14 am
Old Oct 30, 19, 6:47 am

If price isn’t an issue and considering your arrival time at ZRH, I’d follow your plan.
Old Oct 30, 19, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Airport hotel it is

Originally Posted by FLYMSY View Post
If price isn’t an issue and considering your arrival time at ZRH, I’d follow your plan.
Price isn't an enormous issue. Hotel rates seem comparable or even higher in central Zurich, albeit at nicer hotels than the airport Radisson. But given how late I'd be arriving and then leaving the next morning, I wouldn't really get much out of the nicer hotel. Seems easier to just sleep at the airport and take the train the next morning. And since checkout time is noon I can leave my junk at the hotel, do my shopping without lugging my carryon or anything around on the train, then come back out to the airport, pick up everything, and stroll over to the Swiss check-in area.

thanks all,
Bob

Search this Thread
Search Engine: