Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Itinerary Logistics Netherlands, Belgium, France

Old Sep 10, 19, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Iím going to Europe in November and am planning to visit The Netherlands, Belgium, and France. Iíve been to Europe numerous times but am having trouble figuring out the logistics for this trip. Initially, I was thinking of flying (Iím in the Mid-Atlantic USA) to Amsterdam, after my stay there train to Brussels, next stop Paris, then down to Annecy, with a flight back from Geneva. Iím not tied to doing things in that order...I was just trying to avoid doubling back to whichever airport I arrived at, but using Geneva as one airport is turning out to be expensive and not all that convenient as there arenít that many nonstop flights from there to the US. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:13 pm

You could add Luxembourg as a stop. Consider getting to Germany for example, here in Eueope you can reach many cities veey easily by train/car/plane
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:36 pm

If open jaws are expensive you can always fly GVA-AMS on easyjet, and then return to the US from AMS. You can easily find a ticket for less than 50CHF.
Old Oct 8, 19, 1:05 pm

If travelling Europe another option might also be to rent a car for a week.
Old Oct 8, 19, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by businessclassos View Post
If travelling Europe another option might also be to rent a car for a week.
Pretty bad advice to give to someone who is looking at doing Amsterdam - Brussels - Paris...

Since the only real problem seems to be the return flight to the US, getting a cheap one way ticket back to AMS as suggested makes indeed most sense.
JBord likes this.
Old Oct 9, 19, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Koby View Post

Since the only real problem seems to be the return flight to the US, getting a cheap one way ticket back to AMS as suggested makes indeed most sense.
I suspect the problem here is GVA. Not as many flights to the US when compared to CDG, FRA, AMS, etc. But it may not have to be a trip back to AMS. If the OP goes the route of a short hop (plane or train) to re-position, I'd suggest looking at GVA to any of the cities above, plus LHR, MUC, FCO, BRU, ZRH to begin with. I often find open jaw round trips cost less than a standard round trip, if you can find the right airport pair to fly in and out of.

Search this Thread