Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Athens - where to stay

Athens - where to stay

Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Athens - where to stay

Hi,

I'm expecting a short 2 night visit to Athens. I've been in the city centre (near Syntagma sq.) before so I'm thinking of staying in a more scenic location, for example, near a beach. However, I'm looking for a place which has mobile phone shops, groceries and bakeries, so no remote villages please. Easy access from the airport would be a plus.

Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:43 pm

Glyfada is the first place that comes to mind, Vouliagmeni is more "scenic" but further away from the city centre if you want/need to go there and back (but closer to ATH). Some would say Rafina (closest to the airport) but I never liked this, even as a child (although many do). There are are also nice places inland, but I guess the sea is what everybody prefers.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, much appreciated ^
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Hi,

I'm expecting a short 2 night visit to Athens. I've been in the city centre (near Syntagma sq.) before so I'm thinking of staying in a more scenic location, for example, near a beach. However, I'm looking for a place which has mobile phone shops, groceries and bakeries, so no remote villages please. Easy access from the airport would be a plus.

Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
You can read my review on Hilton Athens.
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...in-athens-3422

It is on the airport (East) side of the city center, close to train and express bus x95. There should be some grocery places nearly. For a short stay, this is perfect.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:35 am

Nothing against the Athens Hilton, but I'd say that it is as far away from a nice beach (what the OP wishes) as one can get if one is allergic to the sea.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ^
Will definitely keep this one on my list.

This time I'm aiming for a spot which is more waterfront-ish .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.