Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

How safe is it to be in Schengen area for exactly 90 days?

Old Aug 27, 19, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

I am from Asia, with a tier 4 UK visa. Because I'm done with classes I'm planning to travel around Europe from September 18 to November 30.

My previous travels around europe were:
a) May 3- May 5
b) May 28- June 4
c) July 10- July 24

I have used the Schengen calculator here to be safe at Schengen visa info website.

With this schedule, I would have exactly 90 days in the Schengen area. I'm VERY paranoid about overstaying. Is it completely okay to leave France on November 29 with this schedule?
Old Aug 27, 19, 7:27 pm

Easiest solution for paranoia (other than medication). Leave France on day earlier.
farci, :D!, downinit and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:26 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Different board, same answer

As you heard from multiple experienced travelers on the Fodor's board where you posted this same question, your safest bet is to plan your departure fro at least a few days, maybe even a week, in advance of your "timing out" to allow for the possibility of flight irregularities that could cause delays.
farci likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by marie.krizel View Post

With this schedule, I would have exactly 90 days in the Schengen area.
Sure about that?
Old Sep 5, 19, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by SeamusSA View Post
As you heard from multiple experienced travelers on the Fodor's board where you posted this same question, your safest bet is to plan your departure fro at least a few days, maybe even a week, in advance of your "timing out" to allow for the possibility of flight irregularities that could cause delays.
SeamusSA's right. The last time I visit there, I planned my departure 3 days prior to my 90th day, just to make sure that I will not be overstayed because of flight delays, etc.
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:09 am

@marie.krizel: As TomMM indirectly indicated in post #4 , the planned stay from September 18 till November 30, added to the previous stays in the Schengen area, adds up to 99 days! Rethink your schedule asap!!!
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think OP is mis-interpreting the calculator. The Schengen calculator i found gives a message saying “You have stayed 90 days” when entering the OP’s dates. Which isn’t a calculation of the actual number of days. Just an indication that you have no more time left.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:00 pm

I think that OP no longer follows this thread 9it was her ver first post in FT, anyway). Unless she's obtained similar answers/advice from other boards that she does follow, she's in for a big surprise!

Search this Thread