FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe-477/)
-   -   Minimum Connecting Time at London Gatwick - both easyJet flights Edinburgh / Bordeaux (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1983068-minimum-connecting-time-london-gatwick-both-easyjet-flights-edinburgh-bordeaux.html)

xtine08 Aug 15, 2019 5:06 am

Minimum Connecting Time at London Gatwick - both easyJet flights Edinburgh / Bordeaux

Hi all,

I know this must've been asked a million times - I've surfed various threads but can't seem to find a suitable answer!

I have initially flights booked to Bordeaux for a wedding next week, and due to having to attend a funeral I now have to fly to Edinburgh last minute. I'm just figuring out whether 1 hour 15 mins would be sufficient timing for a connecting flight at Gatwick?

So here's the plan:
Edinburgh flight arrives to London at 17:15pm
Bordeaux flight leaves London at 18:55pm

I will only have a hand-carry and will have checked in online. Assuming both inbound and outbound will be in the North terminal at Gatwick (and touch wood there won't be any delays!) and that gate closes at around 18:30, would 1 hour 15 minutes be enough for me to go through security? The earlier option is at 13:15pm which gets me in nice and early but it also means I will just have an hour at the funeral :(

Thanks so much in advance - as this is the final flight to Bordeaux on Friday I'm anxious not to miss it as I am the bridesmaid at the wedding and am already missing the rehearsal dinner on Friday!

Best,

ajeleonard Aug 15, 2019 5:21 am

If making the wedding in Bordeaux is important to you then you should not do this

It's plausible that you could make it, but you have no margin for any delays at all

Since you do not have a connection, and are on two separate tickets, if you miss the second flight you will be on your own

UKtravelbear Aug 15, 2019 5:42 am

You are not connecting.

IMHO 1hr 15 mins is possible but pushing it especially if there are delays to deboard from your EDI flight and then get to security and then get to the gate for your Bordeaux flight before it closes and you really don't want to appear at the very last minute.

Some of the gate to exit and security to gate walks can be quite long.

If at all possible (and I understand your reasons for not wanting to do it but at times we all have to make difficult choices) then take the earlier flight.

Ldnn1 Aug 18, 2019 1:23 am

Originally Posted by xtine08 (Post 31418369)
Hi all,

I know this must've been asked a million times - I've surfed various threads but can't seem to find a suitable answer!

I have initially flights booked to Bordeaux for a wedding next week, and due to having to attend a funeral I now have to fly to Edinburgh last minute. I'm just figuring out whether 1 hour 15 mins would be sufficient timing for a connecting flight at Gatwick?

So here's the plan:
Edinburgh flight arrives to London at 17:15pm
Bordeaux flight leaves London at 18:55pm

I will only have a hand-carry and will have checked in online. Assuming both inbound and outbound will be in the North terminal at Gatwick (and touch wood there won't be any delays!) and that gate closes at around 18:30, would 1 hour 15 minutes be enough for me to go through security? The earlier option is at 13:15pm which gets me in nice and early but it also means I will just have an hour at the funeral :(

Thanks so much in advance - as this is the final flight to Bordeaux on Friday I'm anxious not to miss it as I am the bridesmaid at the wedding and am already missing the rehearsal dinner on Friday!

Best,

There is a direct easyJet flight from Glasgow to Bordeaux at 18.05 on Friday. It’s currently £133
for Aug 23 which I think is your date.

You could change your Gatwick flight to that one by paying the change fee and fare difference, or just buy it outright if cheaper.

Getting from Edinburgh to Glasgow airport is very easy.

That’s what I would do in your situation.

mad_rich Aug 19, 2019 10:46 am

Can it be done? Yes, probably, with a seat near the front and a sharp exit I think you will be OK if the flight is on time.

But it's not a connection I'd be comfortable with. I rate your chances at greater than 50%, but not massively greater.

A million times over, I would go with the Glasgow flight suggested above.