FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe-477/)
-   -   Belarus Entry Medical Insurance - Does US Health Insurance Suffice? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1975240-belarus-entry-medical-insurance-does-us-health-insurance-suffice.html)

bigcahonna Jun 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Belarus Entry Medical Insurance - Does US Health Insurance Suffice?

I know that Belarus requires you to have some sort of medical insurance when entering the country. I have coverage from a major US provider that has a generic "You're covered for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world" policy. Will this suffice for getting through immigration at Minsk airport - if so, do I need to provide additional documents in addition to my insurance card?

farci Jun 24, 2019 1:54 am

Originally Posted by bigcahonna (Post 31231611)
I know that Belarus requires you to have some sort of medical insurance when entering the country. I have coverage from a major US provider that has a generic "You're covered for emergency and urgent care anywhere in the world" policy. Will this suffice for getting through immigration at Minsk airport - if so, do I need to provide additional documents in addition to my insurance card?

Strongly advise you NOT to take advice from anybody on this site however good their intentions. Medical cover outside your home country needs personal advice based on the insured's circumstances plus preferably a written confirmation from your provider

garykung Jun 24, 2019 2:35 am

Just buy a travel insurance. That would be a better choice.

Originally Posted by farci (Post 31233386)
Strongly advise you NOT to take advice from anybody on this site however good their intentions. Medical cover outside your home country needs personal advice based on the insured's circumstances plus preferably a written confirmation from your provider

KT550 Jun 24, 2019 3:28 am

On my last three visits to Belarus (latest May 2019), I have been asked for proof of health insurance at immigration.

On one occasion I was asked to point out that it was valid in Belarus. I have a travel insurance policy issued in the U.K. which states "worldwide" for the coverage area, which was sufficient.

If you are certain you are covered in Belarus and have documentation showing coverage area and expiry date, you should be fine.

If not, you will be asked to purchase their own insurance, which is very cheap, I believe.

:D! Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am

Originally Posted by farci (Post 31233386)

The question was about insurance to fulfill the immigration entry requirements and hotel check-in requirements, not to really be insured.

Obviously you should make sure your real insurance is appropriate for your personal circumstances. But if immigration officers are not satisfied with your existing insurance, you can just buy insurance for immigration purposes at MSQ for around €1 per day: https://airport.by/en/Compulsory-medical-insurance