Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transfer BA to KL at AMS

Transfer BA to KL at AMS

Old Jun 17, 19, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Transfer BA to KL at AMS

i'm taking a flight from LCY (with BA) to AMS and then connecting to a flight in France with KL.

Do i have to do passport control and exit and then back through security to my connecting flight ?

Any advice appreciated .....
Old Jun 17, 19, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LCYBOY View Post
i'm taking a flight from LCY (with BA) to AMS and then connecting to a flight in France with KL.

Do i have to do passport control and exit and then back through security to my connecting flight ?

Any advice appreciated .....
If you have only hand luggage, you do not need to go landside but you will have to go through passport control between the non-Schengen part of the airport (gates F-E and low-numbered D gates) where your flight from the UK arrives and the Schengen part of the airport (B, C and high-numbered D gates) where your flight to France departs. However, you will not have to go through security if coming from the UK.

If you have hold luggage, you will have to go landside to claim it and re-check it and therefore go through security (unless both the BA and KL flights are on the same ticket).
Old Jun 17, 19, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Thank You NickB for the informative response ....
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're welcome. Just to add, that passport control between Non-Schengen and Schengen areas can be done quite swiftly using automatic gates if you have an EU passport (and some other nationalities), although the system is sometimes down, in which case you have to go through one of the manned immigration kiosks, which can take a bit longer.

Search this Thread