Connecting at BUD

Old Jun 17, 19, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Connecting at BUD

Apologies if I've failed to spot the answer elsewhere....

I passed through BUD last week connecting at LHR on my way home to MAN. (the 5pm food at the BUD BA lounge was limited to peanuts and cake. Reasonable booze and comfort though)

I'm there again in a few weeks this time on my way from GYD (Baku) to LHR. I'm WIZZing in from GYD HBO before falling once again into the loving arms of BA Y. (I'm on my way to Cardiff and QR J GYD-DOH-CWL would be a lot nicer but alas I'm paying for my tickets on this trip.)

The question: Can I do a simple airside transfer? I didn't spot any such opportunity when I was there last week and I would much rather dive straight into the lounge rather than have to pass through non Schengen passport control etc...Time shouldn't be an issue arriving at 08:10 and leaving at 12:30.

Thanks all.
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:37 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
As I recall the BA lounge is in the non-Schengen area, but in any case you would need to go through security when arriving from GYD.
Old Jun 18, 19, 4:27 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by wyddfa View Post
The question: Can I do a simple airside transfer? I didn't spot any such opportunity when I was there last week and I would much rather dive straight into the lounge rather than have to pass through non Schengen passport control etc...Time shouldn't be an issue arriving at 08:10 and leaving at 12:30.
In theory, you can. In practice, BUD is not really set up for airside transfers. There's an airside security (look carefully!) which is lightly manned - the one time I did this, they had to call more staff, because obviously there are a minimum number (3?) required to be present.

(As you're not going Schengen-side, the much more difficult part of getting from non-Schengen to Schengen airside is not an issue for you. That's also doable, but involved lots of head scratching from different uniformed people)

But with 4,5 hrs transit time it's not an issue at all going landslide and back.

Search this Thread