Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transit FRA en route to ZAG

Transit FRA en route to ZAG

Old Jun 8, 19, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF/VA/SQ
Smile Transit FRA en route to ZAG

Hi, just need some advice. Only my second post so still a newbie.
I am flying PER SIN FRA on SQ then onto ZAG on OU. All on one redemption ticket with SQ in J. 3 hours 20 minutes transit time in FRA.
I am assuming bags will be checked/tagged all the way to ZAG from PER. Should I be concerned about baggage going missing as it is being transferred from one airline to another?
But will I be issued BP's through to ZAG when checking in at PER? Do I need to go through passport control in FRA? Or do I find the transfer desk airside for BP for flight from FRA-ZAG? I'm assuming that I can stay airside for the duration of the transit, but am unclear of the procedure. FRA is Schengen and ZAG is not.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC
If you are on one ticket all the way to ZAG, then your bags should be checked all the way through. 2 connections does increase the chance of lost baggage issues but there isnít anything you can do about it, so thereís no point in worrying. You are far more likely to have no problems than to have a problem.

I havenít transited through FRA, but would assume you can stay airside as you are non-Schengen (SIN) to non-Schengen (ZAG). Iím sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along soon.
Old Jun 8, 19, 10:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
You should be able to get all BPs at PER unless the OU flight departs more than 36 hours from the time you are checking in at PER. You can always check in online with OU. Not being able to get a BP doesn't mean your bags can't be interlined.

You won't need to go through passport control in FRA.
Old Jun 10, 19, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF/VA/SQ
Thank you both - very helpful
Old Jun 10, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Everything will be fine. SQ and OU are in Star Alliance, they have interlining and code sharing agreements. The fact that you were able to book it in a single ticket issued by SQ is your guarantee You will land in the non-Schengen section of FRA and won't have to enter Schengen space. You will, however, need to clear security again.

The chances of your bags being lost are the same, regardless of whether they're switching airlines; it's airports that lose bags, not airlines As long as the bags are properly tagged (and they will be), you should be fine.
Old Jun 10, 19, 5:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Your flight from SIN will arrive at a B gate and your flight to ZAG is likely to depart from a C gate. You will have to clear transfer security between B and C but no passport control. Your questions have already been answered but you might also like to check this thread in the Lufthansa forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...on-thread.html

Search this Thread