Prague /Budapest / Poland advise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prague /Budapest / Poland advise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
This is very helpful advise for an Oct trip for us. Any recommendations for a non chain hotel in bratislava?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
This is very helpful advice for an Oct trip for us. Any recommendations for a non chain hotel in bratislava?
In the last five years I've had the good luck to take advantage of HI's Point Breaks (before they broke them ) and Air BnB, so can't help you there. IIRC there a boatel, at least that's how the Prague version of hotel in a boat calls itself. Only stayed in the Prague one and that was OK. The one in Bratislava appears to be in a better spot than the Prague one.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:36 am

Any recommendations for a non chain hotel in bratislava?
Since Prague is in your itenerary I'll go ahead and recommend Petit Hotel Prague - it's literally priced like a hostel, but it's a decent, modern hotel, just with small rooms. Location is good too. Certainly a budget hotel though.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:32 am

Hungary is blessed with plenty of natural wonders such as Danube Drava National Park which has 400 species of plants and Medicinal Cave. You can visit Eger which is a beautiful baroque building. Visit the spa town at Heviz.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA.
Any suggestion how to get there (Medicinal Cave and Danube Drava National Park) ? If we are flight from USA to BUD ?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
This is very helpful advise for an Oct trip for us. Any recommendations for a non chain hotel in bratislava?
It's been a few years now, but we stayed at the Hotel Devin. Good location for Old Town, the river, and the castle if that's what you're looking for. It was only one night, but the rooms were nice and the included breakfast was decent.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:18 am

In Krakow the old town is nice for a leisurely walk. A tour of Auschwitz/Birkenau will change your life, it changed mine. The salt mines are a fun tour. In Warsaw the rebuilt old town is also a nice leisurely walk. The Jewish and Uprising Museums are interesting.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also In Warsaw you can find a few buildings that haven’t been rebuilt. And then there’s Mila 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.