Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Geneva for 4 days --place to stay?

Old May 14, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Hi: We are family of three (with a 15 years old) and we are looking for recommendation. First time visitors, we don't plan on rent a car. We would prefer US chain hotels but open to other options. Thank you!

Do visitors to Switzerland still can pick up a free 80 minute transportation card at Geneva Airport to travel by public transportation to their hotel, or that program is over?
Old May 14, 2019, 10:51 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by milemission
Do visitors to Switzerland still can pick up a free 80 minute transportation card at Geneva Airport to travel by public transportation to their hotel, or that program is over?
Anyone arriving in GVA airport and exiting into the city can get a free ticket for 80 mins which can be used to travel anywhere in Geneva Zone 10.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:24 pm

Also, most hotels in Geneva give you a free pass for your entire stay!
Old May 16, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by milemission
Hi: We are family of three (with a 15 years old) and we are looking for recommendation. First time visitors, we don't plan on rent a car. We would prefer US chain hotels but open to other options. Thank you!
It would help if you indicated a budget. I mean for example, the four seasons is a really nice hotel, but also costs like chf1k a night.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by shuigao
It would help if you indicated a budget. I mean for example, the four seasons is a really nice hotel, but also costs like chf1k a night.
Thanks for the response! We don't need to stay at really nice hotels, we actually don't need to stay in Geneva, just need a good convenient base as launchpad so we can visit the surrounding places. Our date is early August and we like natural scenery. Appreciate any pointers!

Last edited by milemission; May 16, 2019 at 10:39 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
We stayed at this place without a car and with a toddler in a stroller. I can't even describe how wonderful this spot is - Terraced vineyards with all sorts of interesting walks to be done. Close to Vevey and Montreaux, comes with (or easy to obtain) local transport pass, etc.

The proprietor is a treat as well. It's a bit out of the way and you have to walk or uber a bit but it was a memorable place - I dream about returning there.

https://www.burignon.ch/en/bed-breakfast/

View of Lake Geneva across breakfast.

UNESCO World Heritage region - Lavaux
SanDiego1K and milemission like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Carl, I will look into this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.