Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 Hours in Riga

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

24 Hours in Riga

Land in Riga at 1pm, leave the following afternoon about the same time. We will not have a car and want to stay in the city. What do the always knowledgeable FT commenters recommend we do/see/eat/drink? Don't need a place to stay. It is just my girlfriend and I, and we are easy and open to all recommendations.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
If it is in June, our company is having its international user group conference there. Learn all about IoT and other fascinating topics.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:34 pm
Suspended

I cant help with the eatiing part, as what to do just walk around and thru the Old Town (really new town, as like Wawsaw its mainly all rebuit, but still very enjoyable. ) Id stay either in The Old Town or close by I stayed at a Radisson (used pts) on Elizabeth St and it was all of maybe a 15 min very pleasant walk to The OT

I came via Bus from Vilina and took a cab to the airport when I left, tere are buses to/from the airport but the taxi wasnt expensive (dont remember the price)
Old May 12, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Riga is lovely. Depends on what you like. There is a lot of art, architecture, and culture to see. There is also history given Latvia's occupation by the Nazis and then the Soviets. Inexpensive by U.S. standards, like everything was about 1/2 price of D.C.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:20 am
Community Director Emerita

We found the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia fascinating. Their history is a lot more than WWII. The tanks have rolled into town several times.

We also took a trolley tour around the city and really enjoyed it.

Vincents offers superb fine dining.

You'll find my comments about tourism and restaurants at the end of my review of the hotel where we stayed.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18674709-post15.html
pbiflyer likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We found the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia fascinating.
I tried going there in November but it was closed!

I did find Latvian Academy of Sciences Observation deck pretty cool though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.